The Site for All the Blogs:
Bloguna Lancers! (hahaha)
If you haven't sent me your url, you had better get on it.
Blog your KBAR and you don't have to get signatures!
Some of you still need to change your blog title (Joe).
Some of you are really kicking it up a notch!
Checking for rough drafts... We will be revising tomorrow.
Warm Up. Write the word.
- pain : pleasure :: confusion : ______ a) sage b)
savvy c) infer d) rueful e) conform f)
connotation g) fathom
- Some people might have called him weird, but he preferred to be
called a (non-)_____(ist). a) sage b) rueful c)
infer d) conform e) connotation f) fathom g)
- I was able to ______ the meaning of the word from the way it was
used in the sentence. a) bleak b) savvy c) rueful d)
gingerly e) infer f) connotation g)nonchalant
- I looked at my grandma ______(ly) when she said she wanted to ride the colossal roller coaster. a) wince b) incredulous c) credible d) ironic e) aloof f) incredible g) gallant
- "Guess what I've been in for?" asked Dally, grinning ____(ly). a) asset b) aloof c) gallant d) roguish e) incredulous f) wince g) elite
- The root cred means...
- The paper said that the business man was a(n) _____ to society, but ____(ly), he was secretly a mobster. a)
facade, roguish b) asset, ironic c) elite,
facade, d) ironic, facade e) elite, ironic f)
- Moisture and heat help create an environment _____ to the growth of bacteria. a)
indignant b) dogged c) conducive d)
wistful e) gorge f) rueful g) conform h)
- His feeling of accomplishment was ____(ed) when he found out that
EVERYONE received an A on the test. a) disdain b)
concoction c) diminish d) engross e) aplomb f) incredulous g) facade
Read Outsiders aloud to p147. Then...
- Finish ch. 9 silently.
- Grab a tablet and go to blogger.com, open your blog, and start a new post on your blog.
- Choose one of the quotes below and respond with at least a
paragraph. Use an example from the book to back up whatever you say.
Give your post an appropriate and creative title.
- Dally: "...Crazy for wanting Johnny to stay outa trouble,
for not wantin’ him to get hard. If he’d been like me he’d never
have been in this mess. If he’d got smart like me he’d never have
run into that church. That’s what you get for helpin’
people. Editorials in the paper and a lot of trouble… You’d
better wise up, Pony… you get tough like me and you don’t get
hurt. You look out for yourself and nothin’ can touch you…”
- Johnny: "Stay gold."
- BONUS: Connect the two quotes!
- If you haven't yet sent me your blog url, do so now. Otherwise I can't grade your response!
- Put your tablet away. Get a chapter 9 Quiz from the stack. Write the answers in your notebook. Do not write on the sheet.
- Return the sheet to the pile and continue reading ch 10.