Wednesday, 9/3/14 - Vocabulary due tomorrow.
I will be checking KBARR while you are doing the warm up.
"Warm Up - 9/3/14." Copy 1-5. (11p) * = spelling word. Use your list.
Correct your own w/red pen. Be sure to write in the correct answers (with red pen), so you can study for the test Friday.
- * refusal : cooperation :: childishness : _______
- * painful : pleasurable :: together : ______
- * rewrite : revision :: story : ________
- * locker : storage :: _______ : security
- * house : stationary :: trailer : _______
- (2) Explain the rule for spelling that (almost) all of this week's words follow. (There are two parts to the rule.)
- A French chef in New York chisels ice sculptures. a) adjective b) not
- Machine parts are used to form mechanical structures. a) adjective b) not
- She is a pretty savvy poker player . a) adjective b) not
- She has a lot of basketball savvy. a) adjective b) not
Who are the outsiders so far?
What is our main conflict? What other ones have we seen?