Prep sheet for Test #4.
Pink Sheet: ___/20 Warm
Ups: (Tuesday) 9/17: ___/6 (Wednesday) 9/18: ___/10 (Thursday) 9/19: ___/8 XWord:
I will take care of recording KBAR numbers this week.
- What are the elusive characters; missing two letters or numbers?
W A T E ___ M ___ L O N
(In other words, what letters go into the blanks? The answer is NOT R and E.)
- 1961 was a
special year (besides the fact that Mr. Coward was born then). In fact,
the next time a year will be this special will be the year 6009. What
is so special about those two years?
- A person goes
into the post office to mail a letter. She purchases two stamps and
then asks the next person in line to put the stamps on the envelope.
Why didn't she put the stamps on herself?
- If you were running a race, and you passed the person in 2nd place, what place would you be in now?
- In each sentence below, an animal is concealed. For example, the sentence, "What shall I do, Gertrude?" has the word dog concealed. Find the hidden animal in each sentence.
When does 1+1+1=1?
- a) Horace tries in school to be a very good boy.
- b) People who drive too fast are likely to be arrested.
- c) For the Halloween party, John came looking like a radish.
Doodle Theme: TV