Friday, 9/26/14 - Let's see those crossword puzzles!
Prep sheet for Test #5:
Ups: 9/22: ___/6 9/23: ___/6 9/24: ___/7 9/25: ___/8
Other Extra Credit: (Vocab h/w: up to +2 / Vocab pretest: up to +3)
- Explain the following
true boast: "In my bedroom, the nearest lamp that I usually keep
turned on is 12 feet away from my bed. Alone in the room, without using
wires, strings, or any other aids or contraptions, I can turn out the
light on that lamp and get into bed before the room is dark."
- What are the elusive characters; missing two letters or numbers?
W A T E ___ M ___ L O N
(In other words, what letters go into the blanks? The answer is NOT R and E.)
- 1961 was a
special year (besides the fact that Mr. Coward was born then). In fact,
the next time a year will be this special will be the year 6009. What
is so special about those two years?
- If you were running a race, and you passed the person in 2nd place, what place would you be in now?
- In each sentence below, an animal is concealed. For example, the sentence, "What shall I do, Gertrude?" has the word dog concealed. Find the hidden animal in each sentence.
When does 1+1+1=1?
- a) Horace tries in school to be a very good boy.
- b) People who drive too fast are likely to be arrested.
- c) For the Halloween party, John came looking like a radish.
Doodle Theme: TV