Vocabulary Homework: ____/20
Warm Ups: 8-21___/10 8-22:____/12 8-23:___/9 Adjectives:___/6
Other Extra Credit:
a) bliss b) infer c)
bleak d) nonchalant e) gingerly f) rueful g)
savvy h) conform i) sage j) connotation
- Even though he may not be "book-smart" he has a lot of _____
about the world.
- Some people might have called him weird, but he preferred to be
called a (non-)_____(ist).
outlook on life was very _____ after the accident.
- "I shouldn't have done that," he said with a ___ sigh.
- "It's just because you're the baby--I mean he loves you a
lot. Do you ____?"
- pain : pleasure :: confusion : ____
Esteban, the word dropout had the ____of a delinquent who breaks windows and graffitis and such.
- Even though I was nervous, I tried to act cool and ______.
- I was able to _____ the meaning of the word from the way it was
used in the sentence.
- cool : good :: dig : ____
- A French chef in New York chisels ice sculptures. a) adjective b) not an adjective
- Machine parts are used to form mechanical structures. a) adjective b) not an adjective
- She is a pretty savvy poker player. a) adjective b) not an adjective
- She has a lot of basketball savvy. a) adjective b) not an adjective
- The expression "Mind your own business" is a motto. a) True b) False
- In the poem "Delinquent," who's (the) delinquent? a)
Julie's parents b) Julie c) society d) All of the
above. e) NOTA
- What's the message of the poem "Motto"? a) YOLO b)
Enjoy the good things while you can. c) Treat others how you want
to be treated. d) "Dig it!" e) NOTA
- As used in The Outsiders, the word hood is short for _____. a) hoodie b) neighborhood c) hoodlum d) livelihood e) cheese
- lb. : pound :: Soc : _______ a) society b) sock c) greaser d) social e) punch
- What is it about our narrator that drives his brother Darry crazy? a)
He's always getting in trouble. b) His absent-mindedness. c) His
grades are poor. d) All of the above. e) NOTA
- you: a) first person b) second person c) third person d) fourth person
- she: a) first person b) second person c) third person d) fourth person
- "Delinquent" : ________ :: The Outsiders :
________ a) 1st person/3rd person b) 3rd person/1st
person. c) both 1st person. d) Both 3rd person. e) NOTA
Spell words by connecting adjoining letters. Words must be at least 3
letters long. Each letter must touch the one before it. No proper
nouns, abbreviations, or foreign words. You can only use a letter once
in the same word. 10 words = +1, 20 words = +2, etc. Use the Trackwords
section of your test sheet for your word list. Be sure to number your