Test 2. Name:
Adjectives: ___/5 ___/6 ___/5 KBAR: ___/40
Outsiders Quizzes: ___/6 ___/8
Vocabulary Homework: ____/20 Vocabulary Practices: ___/11 ___/12 ___/11
Other Extra Credit:
aloof b) elite c) elude d) incredulous e)
contemptuous f) roguish g) gallant h) facade i)
ironic j) asset
- At the party, he stood ______ off to the side of the room, quietly
watching the festivities.
you make the Scholar List you are a part of the educational ________.
- He was a(n) _____ to his community because he volunteered for
- Even after I read the poem three times, the meaning still
- It was rather _______ that
her dog was run over by an Animal Rescue vehicle.
- The ____ firefighters battled the dangerous fire and saved the family.
- “Guess what I’ve been in jail for?” asked Dally, grinning ____(ly).
- Her gentleness was a(n) _______ in her job as a veterinarian because she kept the animals calm.
- Dally spat on the ground ______(ly) when he thought of what the
Socs did to Johnny.
story has to have a ____. a) middle b)
person c) conclusion d) message e) conflict f) theme
- The root cred means... a)
truth b) crazy c) pay d) believe e) wild
f) possible g) NOTA
- Which word doesn't belong? a) evaluate b) predict c) question d) summarize e) react
- Even though words like gross, ugly, fun, and weird are
technically adjectives, they are really _____, and not ______. a)
descriptions, modifications b) opinions, adjectives c)
opinions, descriptions d) modifiers, descriptions e)
articles, opinions (Hint: Show not Tell.)
- We did the running long jump today in PE. a) adjective b) not an adjective
- I like the sound of running water. a) adjective b) not an adjective
- Yesterday we were running through the field. a) adjective b) not an adjective
- She was part of an elite gymnastics team. a) adjective b) not an adjective
- Ponyboy winced as he thought of getting jumped. a) adjective b) not an adjective
The Outsiders. Open book.
- "If it weren't for the
gang, _______ would never have known what love and affection
are." a) Dally b) Darry c) Soda d) Two-Bit e) Pony f) Steve g) Johnny
- “…doesn’t understand anything that isn’t plain, hard fact.”
a) Dally b) Darry c) Soda d) Two-Bit e) Pony f) Steve g) Johnny
care whether there was a law or not..." a) Dally b)
Darry c) Soda d) Two-Bit e) Pony f) Steve g) Johnny
- Dally : the world :: Johnny : ___ a) Dally b) his
parents c) the world d) Steve e) All of these.
- In chapter 1, Pony compares himself to Pip, in Great Expectations (the book he's reading), because... a)
Pip was an orphan like him. b) Pip had two older brothers.
c) People judged Pip as low-class d) All of the above. e)
- "They are right. You are a hood." Who's talking? a)
The girl in one of Pony's classes b) Dally's
ex-girlfriend c) Steve d) Two-Bit's mom e) The
Socs who jumped Pony f) NOTA
- Soda agrees with Pony that Darry doesn't seem to like Pony very much. a) True b) False
- The main conflict of The Outsiders so
far seems to be... a) Pony vs. his parents b) Pony vs. the
Steve c) Soc vs. greaser d) greasers vs. school
- Another conflict we have seen is... a) Pony vs Johnny
b) Darry vs Steve c) Soda vs Pony d) Pony vs himself
Husker Du? ("Do You Remember?")
- you: a) first person b) second person c) third person d) fourth person
- it: a) first person b) second person c) third person d) fourth person
- "Delinquent" has a _____ narrator. a) first person b) second person c) third person d) fourth person