KBARR: ___/15 Vocab: ___/6 ___/10 Verbs: ___/7
Other Extra Credit:
Vocabulary. Write the correct word from the list in each blank. You might use words more than once. You might not use them all.
potential, ambiguous, status, mature, guidelines, impact, savvy, contemptuous, savvy, conform, connotation
- Doctors are worried about the new drug's __________________ side effects.
- You can always check the __________________ of your grade on PowerCheese.
- Their bodies were _______________, but they still behaved like children.
- KBARR has a large __________________ on your grade...
- ...so you should make sure you follow the _______________ and do it correctly.
- The ending of the story is rather _____________________; you’re not sure which choice he made.
- Being older doesn’t necessarily make you more emotionally ______________________.
- Corvairs and madras shirts were _______________________ symbols for the Socs in 1967.
- Some people called him weird, but he preferred to be called a (non-)___________________(ist).
- For Pony, the ________________ of the word drop-out was someone like Dally, not someone like Soda.
Verbs, Adjectives, Husker Du. Circle the correct answer.
- "Mr. Morton is the ______ of the sentence..." a) noun b) verb c) predicate d) subject e) NOTA
- "...and what the ________ says, he does." a) noun b) predicate c) adjective d) subject e) NOTA
- “I am wet!” she cried, with a frown on her face.
Verbs? a) am b) am, cried c) am, cried,
frown d) cry, frown, e) NOTA
- Millie felt scared as she thought about the test.
Verbs? a) felt b) scared c) scared,
thought d) felt, thought e) NOTA
- "Two-Bit nodded wisely. 'Nice cut, too. Makes you look like a tough guy.'" Adjectives? a) wisely b) wisely, nice c) wisely, nice, tough d) nice e) nice, tough f) NOTA
- we: a) first person b) second person c) third person d) fourth person
- they: a) first person b) second person c) third person d) fourth person
- How long can you keep a book checked out? ____________________
- On what days is computer gaming allowed? ___________________
- When is food allowed in the library? ___________________
- What are the Library Hours on a typical Wednesday?_____________________
Outsiders. Circle the correct answer.
- "...worked too hard anyway..." a) Johnny b)
Darry c) Soda d) Two-Bit e) Pony f) Steve
- "...is nervous around strangers"? a) Johnny b) Darry c) Steve d) Two-Bit e) Dally f) Pony
- "...sometimes seemed "hardly human..." a) Johnny b) Darry c) Steve d) Two-Bit e) Dally f) Pony
- "...was "happy-go-lucky..." a) Johnny b) Darry c) Steve d) Two-Bit e) Dally f) Pony
- "...lies to himself all the time..." a) Johnny b) Darry c) Steve d) Two-Bit e) Dally f) Pony
- The Outsiders is written in ______ person. a) 1st b) 2nd c) 3rd d) 4th
- When Cherry says that she “kind of admires” Dally, this is ironic. a) True b) False
- “It was almost four months ago…” This begins an example of…
a) conflict b) Show not Tell c) foreshadowing d)
flashback e) NOTA
- “Not over his dead body…” This is an example of… a)
conflict b) Show not Tell c) foreshadowing d)
flashback e) NOTA