KBARR:___/40 Vocabulary Homework:___/20 Vocab___/12 ___/11 ___/10 Sentence Scramble: ___/6
Other Extra Credit:
smolder b) circumvent c) reminisce d) sullen e)
siege f) defunct g) exploit h) delirious i)
premonition j) cease
- The adventurer's ____(s) made for a great novel.
- “Johnnycake made a kind of a gasp and his eyes were ______(ing) with rage.”
- The school newspaper has been __ for a
long while, but they hope to revive it next year.
- obey : ignore :: predict : ______
- mature : juvenile :: clear-headed : _______
- The thief __(ed) the alarm system, and
was able to steal the jewels.
- Ponyboy was very ____ after Johnny cut his hair.
- The large farm owners are often accused of ____(ing) the
workers who pick the crops.
: reveals :: _____ : foreshadows
SAWs. a) tradition b) culture c) element d) complexity e) resourceful
- Because he was ____, he was able to survive until he was found.
- There are several _____(s) that help make up a good essay.
- As your vocabulary increases, you can read and understand writing of greater ______.
FROs. a) Fragment b) Run-On c) Complete Sentence
- All llamas aren't like that you have to believe me.
- While the llama is a quadruped, he also has fins for swimming.
- In the beginning, there was nothing but llamas.
- That moment is embarrassing when you realize that your llama just wrote a run on sentence.
- You can beat the llama's score you will be part of the elite llama squad.
- Up, up, and away in my beautiful llama balloon.
- What does Randy say Bob wanted from his parents that he never
got? (p116) a) Money. b) To spoil him rotten. c) To
help him with his troubles. d) To tell him no. e) All of
the above. f) NOTA
- What makes Pony finally realize Cherry was right when she said, "Things are rough all over"? (p117) a)
When Randy tells him about Bob's parents b) When Randy says that
he wouldn't have tried to save the kids. c) When he reads the
newspaper articles. d) When Randy explains why he won't show at
the rumble. e) When Two-Bit agrees with her. f) NOTA
- How is Bob like Johnny? a) Johnny is dying and Bob is
dead. b) They hated each other. c) They both were good at
fighting. d) They both needed their parents to pay attention to
them. e) They're not alike at all.
- What makes Pony, for the first time, think of Dally as his buddy?
(p124) a) When Dally saved Johnny. b) When Dally helped them get
away. c) When Dally said he was glad he didn't accidentally kill
Pony putting out the flames. d) When Dally wants revenge for what
the Socs did to Johnny. e) When Dally yells at him as he's being
taken into the emergency room.
- On p126, we get an example of irony from Two-Bit. What is
it? a) When he says that Darry will kill him if Pony's really
sick. b) When he pretends he doesn't know what Pony is talking
about. c) When he calls Pony chicken. d) When he says that
Darry's stricter with Pony than his parents were. e) When he says
Darry could be a Soc.
- On p126-127, we get an example of what seems to be
foreshadowing. What is it? a) When Two-Bit says that Darry will
kill him if Pony's really sick. b) When Two-Bit says Darry could be a
Soc. c) When Pony says he has a helpless feeling. d) When Two-Bit
calls Pony chicken. e) When Pony says he'll be well by tonight.
- What is Pony's main
motivation for wanting to be in the rumble? a) Revenge for
Johnny. b) He likes to fight. c) To prove himself to Dally.
d) Loyalty to the gang. e) All of the above. f) NOTA
- Cherry tells Pony why she liked Bob (p129), and he realizes that
Bob was a lot like...a) Darry b) Johnny c) Pony d)
Soda e) Dally f) Steve g) Two-Bit
- Pony goes off on Cherry (p129) because he thinks that
she is _______(ing) him by helping the greasers before the
rumble. a) mimic b) illicit c) discreet d)
hysterical e) patronize f) exploit
- Why does Pony suddenly bring up the sunset when he is talking to
Cherry? (p129) What is he trying to say? a) "I
understand your problems now." b) He's trying to change the subject,
because Johnny's condition is too sad to talk about. c) "Can I come
over to your house to watch the sunset?" d) He's trying to make
her feel guilty. e) NOTA
- What makes Tim Shepard's gang and
the Brumly boys different from Pony and his gang? (p138) a) The
Shepard and Brumly gangs are not very well organized. b) The Shepard
and Brumly gangs are a lot older. c) The Shepard and Brumly gangs were
going to be hoods all their lives. d) Pony and his gang used knives and
other weapons. e) NOTA
- How did Dally get out of the
hospital? a) Snuck out. b) Bribed a nurse to let him out. c) The doctor
said he was well enough to leave. d) "Talked" the nurse into it. e) NOTA
- This was foreshadowed when...
a) Dally told Pony and Two-Bit that he was "gonna be at that rumble no
matter what." b) Two-Bit told Pony he thought Dally would find a
way to be there. c) When Pony said that he had a feeling.
d) When Dally asked for Two-Bit's knife. e) It wasn't
every word. Do not break up the pieces. Rearrange the chunks until you
get a right-sounding sentence. Write it in the space below. Don't
forget a capital letter, a period, and any other punctuation it might
* to learning * used for cheating * because
they cause distractions * cell phones are
banned * and are sometimes * in most schools