KBAR: ___/40 (Enter B if you blogged.)
Vocabulary Homework: ____/20
Vocab Practices: 10/4: ____/12 10/5: ____/15
Warm Up 10/3: ___/7
Other Extra Credit:
- The good experience _____(ed) some of our fears about the
process. a) disdain b) engross c) perceive d)
dispel e) exhilarate
- She speaks French and German with equal
______. a) disdain b) concoction c)
diminishing d) engrossed e) aplomb
- It was a(n) _____ roller coaster ride we exited with smiles on
our faces. a) grueling b) exhilarating c)
engrossing d) banishing e) diminishing
- We sat there, _____(ed) in his fascinating shipwreck tale. a) perceiv b) disdain c) engross d)
aplomb e) concoct
- _______ those worried
thoughts from your head. Things will be OK. a) disdain b)
banish c) engross d) aplomb e) perceive
- One of the themes of The Outsiders is that what you ______ is not necessarily what the reality is. a) disdain b) concoction c) perceive d) engrossed e) aplomb
- As the snowfall ______(ed), we were finally able to see the road. a) disdain b) engross c) adversary d) dispel e) diminish
feeling of accomplishment was ____(ed) when he found out that EVERYONE
received an A on the test. a) disdain b)
concoction c) diminish d) engross e) aplomb
political _________(s) tried to prevent him from winning the
nomination. a) disdain b) engross c) adversary
d) dispel e) exhilarate
is in the eye of the beholder.” This means that whoever is doing the
_____(ing) is the one judging how beautiful something is. a) disdain b) engross c) adversary d) perceive e) concoct
- Which word best captures the Soc's attitude toward the greasers? a) grueling b) engrossed c) adversary d) banish e) disdain
- confused : savvy :: bored : ______(ed) a) disdain b) engross c) adversary d) dispel e) diminish
- We had to come up with a(n) _____ for butter when we ran
out. a) justify b) proportion c) rely d)
alternative e) NOTA
- “Every action has an equal and opposite _____(ion).” a) justify b) proportion c) rely d) alternative e) NOTA
- My mom made me _____ why I needed a new phone before she said
yes. a) justify b) proportion c) rely d)
alternative e) NOTA
There are shells all over the beach, let's collect some! a) Fragment b) Run-On c) Complete
- Laughing at the comedian's act, Jimmy fell off his chair. a) Fragment b) Run-On c) Complete Sentence
- Jack fell down and broke his crown and Jill came tumbling after. a) Fragment b) Run-On c) Complete Sentence
- The upstairs library is a great place for quiet study.
Adjectives? a) upstairs b) great, quiet c)
upstairs, great, quiet d) upstairs, great e) NOTA
- it: a) first person b) second person c) third person d) fourth person
- (p117) When does Pony finally realize Cherry was right when she said, “Things are rough all over”?
- What word (that turns up often in this book) comes up again when Pony compares his mother to Johnny’s? __________
- What makes Pony, for the first time, think of Dally as his buddy?
- What happens on p125 that is probably an example of foreshadowing?
- (quote) On p126, we get an example of irony from Two-Bit. What is it?
- (Previous vocab word.) Pony get so angry with Cherry in chapter 8 because he thinks she is ______________(ing) him.
- Cherry tells Pony why she liked Bob, and he realizes that Bob was a lot like… who? __________
- Why does Pony suddenly bring up the sunset when he is talking to Cherry? (p129) What is he trying to say?
- What is Pony's main motivation for wanting to be in the rumble?
- (quote) Find a quote on p132 that shows Pony's internal conflict.