Apost.: ___/8 ___/8 ___/10 KBAR: ___/40
Vocabulary Homework: ____/20
Vocab Practices: ____/12 ____/13 ___/11
Other Extra Credit:
Bonus for Sentences: + ___
adversary b) aplomb c) banish d) grueling e)
perceive f) disdain g) dispel h)
engross i) diminish j) exhilarate
- She has a great _____ for companies that mistreat their workers and boycotts their products.
- The root origins of this word meant “curse and proclamation.” ________
- The root origin of this word meant “cheerful.” __________
- One of the themes of The Outsiders is that what you ______ is not necessarily what the reality is.
- The amount of crime _____(ed) when police started patrolling the neighborhood more often.
- The root origin of this word meant “turned against.” ________
- The root origin of this word meant”balanced and straight and true.” ______
AW's. a) sufficient b) design c) feature d) valid e) transfer
- My mom said my reasoning was not ____(ly)...
- ..._____, so I lost the argument.
- The prefix of this word means across or through: _____.
- _____ llama was selected for the fair. a) Charles' b) Charles's c) Charle's d) NOTA
- I got all ____ on my report card. a) A's b) As c) 'A's d) 'As e) NOTA
_____ lounge is usually off-limits to students. (More than one.) a)
teacher's b) teachers c) teachers's d) teachers' e) NOTA
- _____ llama is that? a) whose b) who'se c) who's d) NOTA
- I think that llama is _____. a) they're b) theres c) their's d) theirs e) NOTA
- The _____ was the best decade for music. a) 70's b) '70's c) 70s d) '70s e) NOTA
- Is the title of this section of the test spelled correctly? a) Yes b) No
- All llamas aren’t like that you have to believe me. a) Fragment b) Run On c)
- That embarrassing moment when you realize that your llama just
wrote a run on sentence. a) Fragment b) Run On c)
- Up, up, and away flew my beautiful llama balloon. a) Fragment b) Run On c) Correct Sentence
- As Dally drives to the hospital he
says, "...you get tough like me and you don't get hurt. You look out
for yourself and nothin' can touch you..." (p147/p128) This is ironic
because... a) Dally isn't that tough. b) Dally tried to
harden himself, but something touched him anyway. c) Johnny was
tough, but got hurt anyway. d) Dally is a greaser. e) It isn't ironic at all.
- When Johnny smiles before he dies,
it's because... a) he's dying a hero. b) the greasers won
the rumble. c) he wanted to die anyway. d) Dally was proud
of him. e) he remembered a joke Pony made in the church. f) He knew it was worth dying for those kids. g) NOTA
- What is Pony's main motivation for wanting to be in the
rumble? a) Revenge for Johnny. b) He likes to fight. c) To
prove himeself to Darry. d) Loyalty to the gang. e) All of
the above. f) NOTA
- Cherry tells Pony why she liked Bob (p129/p113), and he realizes that
Bob was a lot like...a) Darry b) Johnny c) Pony d)
Soda e) Dally f) Steve
- Pony goes off on Cherry (p129/p113) because he thinks that
she is _______(ing) him by trying to help the greasers before the
rumble. a) savvy b) illicit c) discreet d)
hysterical e) patronize f) exploit
- Unscramble into one smooth sentence. Do not add or subtract any words. Punctuate!
* her creamed corn * yelling * at the baby sitter * onto the floor * Jennifer flipped