Apostrophes: ___/5 ___/8___/8 ___/8 Vocabulary: ___/13 ___/12 ___/11
KBARR:___/40 Vocabulary Homework: ___/20
Other Extra Credit:
- _____ llama was selected for the fair. a) Charles' b) Charles's c) Charle's d) NOTA
- I got all ____ on my report card. a) A's b) As c) 'A's d) NOTA
- The _____ lounge is usually off-limits to students. (More than one.) a) teacher's b) teachers c) teachers's d) teachers' e) NOTA
- _____ llama is that? a) whose b) who'se c) who's d) NOTA
- I think that llama is _____. a) they're b) theres c) their's d) theirs e) NOTA
- The ____ softball team mascot is a llama. (More than one.) a) women's b) woman's c) womens's d) NOTA
- I think ____ going to be OK. a) there b) their c) they're d) NOTA
- I saw at least five _____ in Las Vegas. a) Elvis's b) Elviss c) Elvises' d) Elvises e) NOTA
Vocabulary. You will use words more than once. You might not use them all.
intrigue b) benevolent c) apprehensive d)
wheedle e) sift f) transgression g) aghast h)
ebb i) nondescript j) enhance
- The candidate’s popularity ______(ed) as scandal after scandal about his opponent was uncovered.
- After Mr. Shmarty lost his ring at the beach, they ______(ed) through the sand until they found it.
- The new landscaping in front of the house really ________(ed) its value.
- I found your story _______(ing), but finally unbelievable.
- Genevieve’s wardrobe was rather ______ and boring until she went on the show What Not to Wear.
- “Why don’t you get a job?” asked Steve. “What?” Two-Bit was _______ “And ruin my rep?”
- Ponyboy was ________ about appearing in juvenile court. He was worried the family would be separated.
- The principal had to _______ through all the conflicting stories to get at the truth.
- The fan _____(ed) her way into the sold-out concert by flirting with the security guard.
Outsiders. Open book.
- When Johnny smiles before he dies,
it's because... a) he's dying a hero. b) the greasers won
the rumble. c) he wanted to die anyway. d) Dally was proud
of him. e) he remembered a joke Pony made in the church. f) He knew it was worth dying for those kids. g) NOTA
- Who said? "Ponyboy...you're not like the rest of us and don't try
to be." a) Dally b) Steve c) Johnny d)
Soda. e) Two-Bit f) Darry
- Who else gave Pony the same advice? a) Dally b) Steve c) Johnny d) Soda e) Two-Bit f) Darry
- Why is Two-Bit relieved when he sees Pony picking up the broken
glass? (p172) a) He didn't think Pony was being tough
enough. b) He was worried that Pony was getting hardened like
Dally. c) He didn't want anyone to get a flat tire. d) He
wanted the Socs to pick up the glass. e) He thought Pony was a
litterbug. f) NOTA
- What does Soda mean when he says, "If you don't have anything,
you end up like Dallas...and I don't mean dead either. I mean like he
was before. And that's worse than dead." (p176) a) Dally sort of
deserved to die. b) Dally didn't see any value to life. c)
Dally knew he was going to die young. d) Dally wanted to die all
along. e) All of the above.
- Reread the middle paragraph on p179. It's the one that begins,
"Tell Dally." What is Pony's purpose in writing this all down? a)
To pass English. b) To show everyone how gallant Johnny and
Dally were. c) To try to show that we shouldn't judge people by how
they look or what neighborhood they live in. d) To show that greasers
like sunsets too. e) To show how people always discriminate against
greasers. f) To make money so he can have a better life. g) NOTA
Pony is in denial about Johnny's death. a) exposition b)
rising action c) inciting incident d) climax e)
falling action f) resolution
- The deaths of Johnny and Dally. a) exposition b) rising action c) inciting incident d) climax e) falling action f) resolution
we find out that the book is Ponyboy's essay. a) exposition
b) rising action c) inciting incident d) climax e)
falling action f) resolution
- Jack fell down and broke his crown, Jill came tumbling after. a) Fragment b) Run-On c) Complete Sentence
- The upstairs library is a great place for quiet study.
Adjectives? a) upstairs b) great, quiet c)
upstairs, great, quiet d) upstairs, great e) NOTA
- we: a) first person b) second person c) third person d) fourth person
- mature : juvenile :: clear-headed : _______ a)
smolder b) delirious c) reminisce d) sullen e)
siege f) defunct
- Unscramble into one smooth sentence. Do not add or subtract any words. Punctuate!
--the electrical outlet --grabbing --Crazy Cathy --the cat's tail --headed for