Transitions: ___/6 ___/6 9/6 Vocabulary: ___13 ___/13 ___11 KBARR: ___/15
Other Extra Credit: SAWs? Cerro San
Relay? Husker Du?
a) begrudge b) metamorphosis c)
transfixed d) scapegoat e) surfeit f) attribute g) instill h) optimistic i)
pessimistic j) colloquial
- Mr. Calandro is trying to _____ a sense of kindness in the students of Laguna.
professional sports, the coach is often the _______for a team’s bad
performance, even if it isn’t always his fault.
: ebb :: engrossed : _____
- She has several positive ______(s) that make her a good fit for the job.
- “I am but a poor woman with this wretched inn and a blind man to care for. I am sure God does not ____ me my little economies.”
: idiosyncrasy :: transformation : _____
I hadn’t studied, I was ______ about my chances on the difficult
- "In this brief fraction of a moment, they take the first step
toward performing a _____ that changes people from a group into a
root of this word means shape or form: _____
- The hill with the M on it is known _____(ly) as Madonna Mountain, but its real name is Cerro San Luis.
- The prefix of this word means across or through:
- Some people in this class have such a _____ of points that they could skip a test, take a zero, and still have an A.
- I know Pedro quite well. _____, Pedro happens to be my best friend. a) therefore b) as a result c) nevertheless d) so e) in fact f) NOTA
- John ate and ate. _____, he never gained weight. a) even so b) furthermore c) so d) therefore e) consequently f) as a result g) NOTA
- I would like to read many books; ______, I don’t seem to have enough time to read. a) nevertheless b) furthermore c) then d) therefore e) however f) NOTA
- _____ I was concentrating on my homework, I forgot about the soup, and it boiled over. a) Nevertheless b) Furthermore c) Meanwhile d) Still e) As a result f) Because g) NOTA
- You can set the table. _____, I will start making
dinner. a) nevertheless b) furthermore c)
meanwhile d) still e) NOTA
- A paradox is... a) two doctors. b) a time travel thing c) a contradiction d) a device or machine e) NOTA
- Eckels's attitude before they spotted the T-Rex was... a) serious. b) worried about danger. c) overconfident. d) bored e) NOTA
- Eckels runs off the path because... a) he panics. b) he
doesn't believe Travis. c) he doesn't care. d) it's
fun. e) he wants to change the future. f) NOTA
- The part of the story where Eckels steps off the Path. a)
exposition b) inciting incident c) rising action d)
climax e) resolution
- The man behind the desk thinks that the right man won the election. a) True b) False (NO QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS ONE.)
- Which of these things could the phrase "a sound of thunder"
reasonably represent? a) The sound of the T-Rex
approaching. b) The impact of their actions on the future.
c) The sound of the guns. d) All of the above. e) NOTA
- The real theme of "ASoT" is probably... a) don't mess with
time. b) don't try to change the past. c) small actions can
lead to huge consequences. d) don't kill butterflies. e) hunting is bad f)
Killing is bad. g) NOTA
- Up, up, and away in my beautiful balloon. a) Fragment b) Run on c) Correct Sentence.
- _______ are not allowed… a) students’ b) students c) student’s d) NOTA
- …in the _______ lounge. a) teacher’s b) teachers’ c) teachers’s d) teachers e) NOTA
upstairs library is a great place to quietly study.
Adjectives? a) upstairs b) great, quietly c)
upstairs, great, quietly d) upstairs, great e) NOTA
- you: a) first person b) second person c) third person d) fourth person
- We have three ____ in our class. a) Morris's b) Morris' c) Morrises d) NOTA