KBARR: ___/40 Maus Quizzes: ___/12 ___/3 ___/7
Vocabulary h/w: ___/20 Vocabulary Practices: ___/14 ___/13 ___/14
Other Extra Credit:
a) vivid b) saw c) aspire d) pacify e)
daunting f) diminutive g) pragmatic h) volatile
i) dilemma j) iconic
- You may _______ to someday be as cool as Mr. Coward. (Good luck with that.)
- Doing your homework every day before playing video games is a _______ strategy for success.
- It was hard to believe that such a huge voice emanated from such a _______ girl.
- Sixth Period tried to ____ Mr. Coward’s anger with cookies.
- inspiring : daunting :: stable : ______
- She faced a _____ about turning in her friend for cheating.
- The root of this word means “life.” _____
- skinflint : benevolent :: ______ : easy
- Reading Shakespeare for the first time can be rather ______.
- They tried to ______ the angry mob by telling them their concerns would be addressed.
- “Dig and be dug in return” is Langston Hughes’s version of the old ____ about treating others how you want to be treated.
SAWs. a) adjust b) monitor c) exposure d) modify e) transition
- Even after all the ____(cations) we made...
- ...we still had to closely _____...
- ...the android’s ______to humanhood.
Maus. Open Book.
- The anthro part of anthropomorphic means... a) past b) funny c) ancient d) human e) NOTA
- The morphic part of anthropomorphic means... a) changed b) shaped c) animal-like d) human-like e) NOTA
- How does Vladek avoid a beating by the German soldier after he
was captured? a) Vladek speaks English to him. b) Vladek
bribes him. c) Vladek begs him. d) Vladek speaks German to
him. e) NOTA
- Maus is told in ____ person. a) 1st b) 2nd c) 3rd d) 4th
- Vladek and his current wife Mala seem like they are really in love. a) True b) False
- Why did Vladek's father always try to keep him and his
brothers out of the army? a) He hated the Polish army. b) He
sympathized with the Nazis. c) Because of his father's experience with
the Russian army. d) He was against war in general. e) NOTA
- How many battles did Vladek fight in as a soldier? a) 1 b) 2 c) 3 d) 4 e) 0
- How does the German officer know that Vladek isn't used to
physical labor? a) He acts lazy. b) He tries to get out of working. c)
His hands. d) He thinks Jews don't work. e) NOTA
- Which quote explains why Vladek volunteered for the work
camp? a) "I'll be clean, and I'll feel warm by comparison."
b) "I want to be treated like a human being." c) "My commander
made me..." d) "If we have to die here, let's die here." e)
- What kind of work does Vladek do for the Germans in the work
camp? a) Disposing of the dead. b) Cleaning out
stables. c) Leveling mountains and filling valleys. d)
Working in a weapons factory. e) NOTA
- p59, panel 3. a) Vladek's father. b) Vladek's
grandfather. c) Vladek's great grandfather. d) A creature
in his dream. e) NOTA
- p59, panel 6. a) a rabbi c) Vladek's cousin. c) Orbach d) just another prisoner e) NOTA
- p65, panel 3. a) a rabbi c) Vladek's cousin. c)
Orbach d) someone from the local Jewish organization e) NOTA
- p67, panels 5-7. a) Vladek's father. b)
Vladek's grandfather. c) Anja's father. d) Orbach e)
- What is up with Vladek's pig mask on p66? a) He's in
disguise. b) He's pretending that he's Polish. c) He's
pretending he's German. d) He's pretending he's not Jewish.
- p70, panel 6, the one sighing. a) Anja b)
Artie's mom c) Mala d) Vladek's housekeeper. e) NOTA