Outsiders Project: ___/60 OR ___/75
Vocabulary Practices: ___/13 ___/16 ___/14
Other Extra Credit:
Vocabulary. a) distraught
b) keen c) aptitude d) chastise e) nurture f)
distinguish g) disquieting h) disposition, i)
empathy j) civics
- The coaches watched each potential player, looking for any natural _______(s) he might have.
- Which is more important, your genes or the environment you
are raised in? This is often called the nature vs____
- His _______ eyesight allowed him...
- ...to _______ the numbers on the car’s license plate from far away.
- I didn’t sleep well because of a ______ dream I had.
- The waiter was _____(ed) for forgetting the customer’s order.
- “Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes.” _______
- ______ concerns things like government and civil rights
- The competition at the state level was very ______.
- The mom was _______ when she couldn’t find her toddler in the crowd.
- The teacher’s crabby ____ sort of brought the whole class down.
SAWs. a) paradigm b) comprise c) gender d) adapt e) conduct
- Tomorrow's test will ____ three sections: vocabulary, SAWs, and Husker Du.
- The current ____ for education is more about collaboration than it used to be.
- Please ______ yourself respectfully in the museum.
- Creatures that can't _____ as their environment changes will not survive.
- The medication seems effective. _____, more research
must be done to see if it’s safe. a) And b) Whereas
c) Nevertheless d) So e) Meanwhile f) NOTA
- _____, it’s best to avoid it. a) Although b) However c) Unless d) Until then e) Whereas
- In the word metamorphosis, the root morph means change. a) True b) False
- You would talk colloquially to a judge in a courtroom. a) True b) False
- The attack on Pearl Harbor occurred on what date? a)
December 7, 1979 b) December 8, 1941 c) December 7,
1949 d) December 7, 1941 e) December 6, 1949 f) NOTA