KBARR: ___/40 Maus Quiz:
___/20 Vocab Practices: ___/13
Other Extra Credit:
Vocabulary. a) prestige b)
deprive c) disheveled d) suave e)
f) non sequitur g) acute h) prevalent i)
ideology j) zealous
- The root of this word was Latin for not in sequence. _____
- The root of this word was Latin for agreeable. ______
- The root of this word was Latin for needle. _____
- The root of this word was Old French for hair. _____
- The root of this word was Latin for trickery or illusion.
- The root of this word was Latin for form or pattern. _____
- The roots of this word were Latin for completely away from
public life. _____
- His accent was a(n) _________; he wasn't really from
the Nazi occupation of Poland there was a(n) ______ shortage of
food and other necessities...
_____(ed) Jewish community of the things they needed to live.
- Lack of sleep has both ____
and long-term effects on your health.
- skinflint : benevolent ::
______ : easy a) daunting b) diminutive c)
pragmatic d) volatile e) dilemma f) iconic
- The root of this word means peace. a) daunting b)
diminutive c) pragmatic d) volatile e)
dilemma f) iconic g) pacify
a) substitute b) conflicted c) fundamental
d) alter e) compound
was ______ about being a greaser.
roots of this word mean “beneath stand thing.” _____
- A ____
sentence is made up of two or more sentences, properly
- The anthro part
of anthropomorphic means... a) past b) funny
c) ancient d) human e) mouse f)
mammal g) NOTA
- The morphic part
of anthropomorphic means... a) changed b)
shaped c) animal-like d) human-like e) NOTA
- Maus is told in ____ person. a) 1st b) 2nd c) 3rd d) 4th
- Vladek and his current wife Mala seem like they are really in
love. a) True b) False
- Why did Vladek's father always try to keep him and his
brothers out of the army? a) He hated the Polish army. b) He
sympathized with the Nazis. c) Because of his father's
experience with the Russian army. d) He was against war in
general. e) NOTA
a) Vladek b) Mala
c) Anja d) Anja's mom e) Anja's
dad f) Art Spiegelman g) Vladek and
Anja's maid h) Lucia Greenberg i ) NOTA
- p30, panel 1,
the only person in the frame.
- p30, panel 3,
the seated person.
- p31, panel 6,
the person with the cigarette.
- p33, panel 4,
- p38, panel 4,
the one with the black hat
- p38, panel 6,
the one holding the pen
- p39, the one
in the flowered dress
- p40, panel 2,
the person reading the letter.