Outsiders Project: ___/60 OR ___/75
Vocabulary Practices: ___/13 ___/15 ___/16
___/20 Warm Up: ___/10
Other Extra Credit:
Vocabulary/SAWs. Could be either!
distraught, keen, aptitude, chastise, nurture, distinguish,
disquieting, disposition, clamber, empathy, civics, abandon, exploit,
contemporary, frivolous, dramatic
- The roots of this word mean “of the present time.” __________
- The coaches watched each potential player, looking for any natural _________________(s) he might have.
- It is usually easy to _______________ a little sister’s lack of savvy.
- Which is more important, your genes or the environment you
are raised in? This is often called the nature vs. __________
- His _____________ eyesight allowed him...
- ...to _____________ the numbers on the car’s license plate from far away.
- I didn’t sleep well because of a _____________ dream I had.
- ____________ concerns things like government and civil rights
- The mom was ______________ when she couldn’t find her toddler in the crowd.
- The teacher’s crabby ____________ sort of brought the whole class down.
- He _____________(ly) played games...
- ...and _____________(ed) his research project...
- ...and therefore he was going to see a __________ decrease in his grade after the F took effect.
- Mom ____________(ed) me...
- ...for ____________(ing) over the couch and ruining it with my muddy shoes.
- The medication seems effective. ___________, more research
must be done to see if it’s safe.
- ____________, it’s best to avoid it.
- She had been studying for hours and knew all the material.
______________, she hoped to do well on the test.
- In the word metamorphosis, the root morph means change. a) True b) False
- You would talk colloquially to a judge in a courtroom. a) True b) False