KBARR: ___/40 Vocab H/w:
___/20 Vocab Practices:
___/15 ___/13 ___/12
SAWs Bonus:___ Clauses Bonus:___
Other Extra Credit:
a) succumb b) subsist c)
presumptuous d) reproach e)
cathartic f) frugal g) cobble h)
futile i) dissemble j) ambivalent
(S) Simple Sentence (S) = One I. Could have phrase(s) attached.
- All her emotions were released in a ______ moment on the stage as 20,000 people cheered.
- The root of this word means both. ______
- Sometimes it’s tough to not ______ to peer pressure.
- During the TV marathon, we _____(ed) for two days on chips and pizza.
- In The Outsiders,
when we referred to a facade, we would be saying that the person
was ______(ing) about their true feelings.
- It was _____ to resist the stonger army because we knew that they would win.
- The root of this word means “to clean out.” _____
- “I never knew a person more _____ than myself. The fact that I say that shows that what I say is true.”
- Joe waited for the llama to arrive, but she was late. a) S b) CD c) CX
- Since my llama left me, I've found a new place to dwell. a) S b) CD c) CX
- Because Zoltan forgot his wallet, he couldn't buy broccoli. a) S b) CD c) CX
- As part of his occupation, he had a llama with a leather jacket. a) S b) CD c) CX
- Rudolpho was upset although his mom made his favorite shnitzel. a) S b) CD c) CX
- A clause must contain... a) a subject and a verb
b) a conjunction and a noun c) a verb and a conjunction d)
a noun, a verb and a conjunction e) a phrase f) NOTA
- Good writing contains more _____ sentences. a) simple b) compound c) complex d) cheesy e) long
- If you were 25, healthy, and unmarried, which way would you probably have been sent at the stadium? a) Left b) Right
- "Volunteered" to go to the bad side at the stadium. a)
Ilzecki b) Vladek's father-in-law c) Wolfe d) Anja's
father e) NOTA
- Sent to the bad side at the stadium because of her four
kids. a) Tosha b) Mala c) Anja d) Fela e)
- What is one reason Artie says he became an artist? a) It
was something he studied. b) He always read comics as a
kid. c) So he wouldn't have to compete with Vladek. d) It
paid well. e) NOTA.
- Why is Vladek unfriendly with Artie on p98? a) He's mad
that Artie didn't help him with the drainpipe. b) He thinks Artie
is siding with Mala in their argument. c) Artie keeps making him
sad about the war. d) He's just crabby that day e) NOTA
- What is Artie a prisoner of in "Prisoner on the Hell Planet"? a) sadness b) joy c) guilt d) loneliness e) The Nazis
- Mala says that "Prisoner from Hell Planet" is overly dramatic
about how things were when Anja killed herself. a) True b)
bunker is another name for a... a) gun b) secret stash of
food c) bed d) hiding place e) ghetto f) NOTA
- Being called a kombinator is a compliment. a) True b) False
- Which of these does Vladek call a kombinator? a) Lolek b) Haskell c) Anja d) Jakov e) NOTA
(CD) Compound Sentence (CD) = I + I, joined by a comma and one of the FANBOYS.
(CX) Complex Sentence (CX) = I + D or D + I