KBAR: ___/15 S/CD/CX: ___/9
___/9 Vocab H/W: ____/20 Vocab Practices:
Other Extra Credit:
Mental Floss on back.
Vocabulary. a) quarantine b) hypochondria c)
pandemonium d) defray e) subjugate f) resolute
g) intercede h) disgruntled i) wallow j) pauper
- They took up a collection to help _____ the cost of
- When the astronauts
returned, they were _____(ed) to make sure they
didn't bring back any "space germs."
- The prefix of this word means between. _____
- Anja was ______ about not giving up Richieu until it was too
- The ______ customers who were scammed...
- ...needed someone to _____ for them to get their money back.
- There was _____ in the streets of Philadelphia after the Super Bowl win.
Vladek is rich, he lives like a _______.
know she's hurt, but she should try to get on with her life instead of
just ______(ing) in her misery and self-pity.
SAWs. a) incidence b) initiative c) incorporate d) acknowledge e) transport
- Californians voted on quite a few ________(s) which claimed to try to fix various issues in our state.
- A diet that _______(s) a lot of fruits and vegetables is the healthiest way to eat.
S/CD/CX. a) S b) CD c) CX
- Although it seemed essential to eat broccoli, I watched tv instead.
- He thought he was OK until he wasn’t.
- Rudolpho was upset, so his mom ate the cheeselog.
- His doctor recommended buying a goat and going water-skiing.
- Though he knew it was a mistake, he ate the doughnut anyway.
- You must say, “Sir” when you say, “Mr. Coward.”
- The crew checked the llama, and the captain prepared it for the sea.
- We can wait here until Carlos calls us.
- Srodula. a) The concentration camp where Vladek is
eventually taken. b) One of the Gemeinder. c) The Jewish
police. d) The Jewish ghetto where Vladek went into hiding.
- kombinator a) a crook b) someone who works in
the black market c) a type of bunker d) one of the Jews who
worked with the Nazis e) NOTA
saved Vladek's life on p120? a) The fact that he spoke
German. b) That he was Haskel's cousin. c) That he had the
right fake papers. d) That he was Pesach's cousin. e) NOTA
- What eventually happens to Pesach? a) He bribes the Germans
and gets out. b) He stays with Vladek and the rest in his bunker
until the Germans leave. c) He pays someone to smuggle him out of
the ghetto. d) He bribes the Germans, but they shoot him
anyway. e) NOTA
- Why are the roads on p127 in the shape of a swastika? a) In
that part of Poland, the Nazis had paved some roads that way as
propaganda. b) No matter where Vladek and Anja go, they will not
be safe from the Nazis. c) It looks cool. d) It wasn't
really intended that way, but the angle of the picture makes it look
like a swastika. e) NOTA
- Vladek thinks Mala cares only about... a) comfort b) money c) her family d) Artie e) NOTA
- What frustrates Mala so much about Vladek? a) He treats her
like a maid. b) He treats her like a nurse. c) He is
such a skinflint. d) He makes her feel guilty. e) All of
the above. f) NOTA
- Mala thinks his experiences in the war made him how he is today. a) True b) False
- Why is Artie worried about portraying Vladek as he really
is? a) He thinks people won't like Vladek, and so they won't like
the book. b) He thinks Vladek will be offended. c) Vladek
isn't really the way Artie shows him. d) He thinks it might be
disrespectful to Anja. e) He doesn't want to further the
stereotype of the greedy Jew. f) NOTA
- Why is Anja's tail showing on p138? a) Her disguise isn't
as good as Vladek's. b) It's a printing mistake. c) It
shows how scared she is. d) It shows that she can't pass for a
non-Jew like Vladek. e) NOTA
- p144, center panel, the woman in the scarf. a) Anja
b) Mrs.Kawka c) Mrs. Motonowa d) Janina, their former
nanny e) Meinka f) Mala g) NOTA