Clauses H/W: ___/15 (5 + 10) Clauses in Class: ___/25 (5 + 9 + 11) Vladek Quiz: ___/8
Other Extra Credit:
Clauses. Circle and click!
- A clause is a group of words that contains a _____ and a _____. a)
noun/conjunction b) subject/noun c) predicate/verb d) subject/verb
- He failed the test after he ignored the warning. a) independent b) dependent c) not a clause
- The llama is a quadruped with fins for swimming. a) independent b) dependent c) not a clause
- Since Jenni ate the hot dog, she got sick. a) independent b) dependent c) not a clause
- Jack was much quicker than the llama was. a) independent b) dependent c) not a clause
- Joe ate the hot dog even though the llama told him not to. a) independent b) dependent c) not a clause
- Jill drove the car out to the llama’s house. a) independent b) dependent c) not a clause
- We climbed slowly up the very steep hill. a) independent b) dependent c) not a clause
- After I ate a doughnut, I felt rapturous. a) independent b) dependent c) not a clause
- There are some things in life that we’ll never know. a) independent b) dependent c) not a clause
- You must say, “Sir,” when you say, “Mr. Coward.” a) independent b) dependent c) not a clause
- Maybe the mall where the store was charged a high rent. a) independent b) dependent c) not a clause
you use a dependent clause as a sentence, that mistake is called a(n)
____. a) independent clause b) run-on c)
fragment d) phrase e) NOTA
- True/False Dependent clauses usually begin with words such as and, but, or.
a) vocational b) whereas c) inherent d) paradigm e) exceed f) comprise
- Most human beings are _____(ly) social creatures who naturally seek out interactions with others.
- Tomorrow's test will ____ three sections: vocabulary, SAWs, and Husker Du.
- The current ____ for education is more about collaboration than it used to be.
- Many students, after high school, go to _____ schools instead of traditional 4-year colleges.
- Maddy studied for the test and earned an A ______ Wyatt didn't study and earned a D.
Maus, Chapter 3.
- What is up with Vladek's pig mask on p66? a) He's in disguise. b)
He's pretending that he's Polish. c) He's pretending he's German. d)
He's pretending he's not Jewish. e) He's pretending to be a
policeman. f) NOTA
- p67, panels 5-7. a) Vladek's father. b)
Vladek's grandfather. c) Anja's father. d) Orbach e)
Anja's grandfather f) a man from the Gemeinder. g) NOTA
- p70, panel 6, the one sighing. a) Anja b)
Artie's mom c) Mala d) Vladek's housekeeper. e) NOTA
Maus, Chapter 4
- Since Vladek and Anja's family is not getting enough food coupons
to eat, how are they getting enough food? a) Stealing. b)
Bribing a German soldier. c) The Orbachs send them food. d)
The black market. e) Vladek's friend Ilzekcki. f) NOTA
- Why is Vladek's brother-in-law, Wolfe, not too worried about the
way things are for them now? a) He has a plan for escape.
b) He doesn't believe the stories of the camps. c) He thinks the
war will be over soon. d) He has plenty of money. e) NOTA
- How does Vladek make money after he loses his factory? a)
He takes bribes. b) He works for the Germans c) He
steals. d) He manages to get a job with the Jewish aid
organization. e) NOTA
- How does Vladek's father-in-law (Anja's dad) help him after his
first close call on the street? a) He hides him. b) He gets
him a fake job and a work card. c) He gets the proper travel
papers for him. d) He doesn't because he can't. e) He gives
him a place to live f) NOTA
me my life" according Vladek, when he hid Vladek in his apartment
during a roundup. a) Father-in-Law b) Wolfe c)
Anja d) Ilzecki e) Mala f) Orbach g) NOTA
- What does Vladek suggest that Anja refuses? a) To help him
with his work. b) To hide. c) To move to America. d)
To hide their son somewhere. e) To try to sneak across the
border. f) NOTA
- Helped Vladek get a work card he needed. a) Ilzecki b) Mr. Zylberberg c) Mala d) Wolfe e) NOTA
- p84, panel 2, the one holding the notice. a) Vladek's friend Orbach. b) Anja's brother Wolfe. c) Vladek's friend Ilzecki. d) Anja's father. e) NOTA
very often shows Vladek telling his story as he pedals his exercise
bike. What does this probably symbolize? a) How important
exercise is to Vladek. b) Vladek always running from the Nazis,
but never escaping. c) How he is running from Mala. d) How
much he misses Anja. e) How he has too much energy. f) NOTA