___/10 ___/8 ___/8 Vocab h/w:
___/20 Vocab w/u: ___/14 ___/13
___/11 KBARR: ___/40
Other Extra Credit:
Vocabulary. a) prestige
b) deprive c) disheveled d) suave e)
affectation f) non sequitur g) acute h)
prevalent i) ideology j) zealous
- The Nuremberg laws ______(ed) the Jews of the right to vote and be
accent was a(n) _________; he wasn't really from France.
- The con man _____(ly) convinced the old
lady that he was in love with her in order to steal her money.
- His ______ appearance was one sign
that he had been up for days.
is very ____ in today's society; almost nobody gets enough sleep.
- The camp counselors enforced the rules too ______(ly), so it was no fun.
- In The Outsiders, the Socs had both wealth and social _______.
like turtles" is funny because the line is such a(n)
- Lack of sleep has both ____ and long-term effects on your health.
SAWs. a) infer b) commodity c) intrinsic d) practitioner e) evaluate
- _____ motivation is much more effective than rewards.
- In today’s society, information is also a _____ that is bought and sold.
Harry Potter is a(n) ______ of the magic arts.
S/CD/CX. a) S b) CD c) CX.
- Joe waited for the llama to arrive, but she was late.
- If you don’t want to upset the llama, please don’t hug her.
- Rudolpho was upset because his llama ate the last of the cheeselog.
- The crew checked the llama and prepared it for the sea.
- Irwin and his llama ate some tortilla soup and had some fries on the side.
- We can wait here until Carlos calls us.
- We must repair the dam, or the water will rush through.
- If we don’t repair the dam, the water will rush through.
- If you were 30, healthy, and unmarried, which way would you probably have been sent at the stadium? a) Left b) Right
- "Volunteered" to go to the bad side at the stadium. a)
Ilzecki b) Vladek's father-in-law c) Wolfe d) Anja's
father e) NOTA
- What possession of Anja's is Artie so interested in
finding? a) The suitcase she used to leave for the camps.
b) Her flute. c) Her diaries. d) Her collection of
books. e) NOTA
- Vladek thinks Mala cares only about... a) comfort b) money c) her family d) Artie e) NOTA
is one reason Artie says he became an artist? a) It was something
he studied. b) He always read comics as a kid. c) So he
wouldn't have to compete with Vladek. d) It paid well. e)
- Why is Vladek unfriendly with Artie on p100? a) He's mad
that Artie didn't help him with the drainpipe. b) He thinks Artie
is siding with Mala in their argument. c) Artie keeps making him
sad about the war. d) He's just crabby that day e) NOTA
- What is one reason Artie says he became an artist? a) It was something
he studied. b) He always read comics as a kid. c) So he wouldn't have
to compete with Vladek. d) It paid well. e) NOTA.
- What is Artie a prisoner of in "Prisoner on the Hell Planet"? a) sadness b) joy c) guilt d) loneliness e) NOTA
- Mala says that "Prisoner from Hell Planet" is overly dramatic
about how things were when Anja killed herself. a) True b)
- Last page
of “Prisoner on the Hell Planet, panel 3, the woman. a)
Mala b) Artie's aunt Fela. c) Anja d) Lucia
Greenberg e) NOTA
- p109, panel
4, the man talking. a) Anja's father b) Vladek c)
Vladek's friend Ilzecki d) Persis, the head of a Jewish
ghetto e) Wolfe, Anja's brother in law, who works for the
Gemeinde. f) NOTA