*S/CD/CX: ___/10 Vocab H/W:
___20 Vocab Practices: ___13 ___/13
___/16 KBARR: ___/40
Other Extra Credit:
a) succumb b) subsist c) presumptuous d)
reproach e) cathartic f) frugal g) cobble h)
futile i) dissemble j) ambivalent
- It would be ______ of a dishwasher to tell the master chef
how to do things.
- All her emotions
were released in a ______ moment on the stage as 20,000 people
- Much of the agriculture in the rest
of the world is made up of ______(ence) farms, that barely grow enough
food for the family working on it.
- MacGyver could
_____ together almost anything from a bomb to a hang-glider from bits
of trash he found lying around.
- Though he came
from a very religious family, he was still ______ about organized
- Artie says Richieu’s picture on the wall
of his parents’ room was a sort of ______ to him, implying that Richieu
would have been a better son than he is.
- She tried to stay awake during math, but it was ________ ...
- ... and she finally _______(ed) to the boredom and nodded off.
- During the TV marathon, we _____(ed) for two days on chips and pizza.
- In The Outsiders,
when we referred to a facade, we would be saying that the person
was ______(ing) about their true feelings.
- The root of this word means “to clean out.” _____
S/CD/CX. a) S b) CD c) CX
- The cheese is on the table with little toothpicks in it, and the napkins are beside the forks.
- You must say, “Sir” when you say, “Mr. Coward.”
- Rudolpho was upset because his mom ate the last of the cheeselog.
- Joe waited for the llama to arrive, but she was late.
- The crew checked the llama and prepared it for the sea.
- We can wait here until Carlos calls us.
- If we don't repair the dam, the water will rush through.
- We must repair the dam, or the water will rush through.
- Srodula. a) The concentration camp where Vladek is eventually taken. b) One of the Gemeinder. c) The Jewish police. d) The Jewish ghetto where Vladek went into hiding. e) NOTA
- kombinator a) a crook b)
someone who works in the black market c) a type of bunker d) one of
the Jews who worked with the Nazis e) NOTA
saved Vladek's life on p120? a) The fact that he spoke
German. b) That he was Haskel's cousin. c) That he had the
right fake papers. d) That he was Pesach's cousin. e) NOTA
- What eventually happens to Pesach? a) He bribes the Germans and gets
out. b) He stays with Vladek and the rest in his bunker until the
Germans leave. c) He pays someone to smuggle him out of the
ghetto. d) He bribes the Germans, but they shoot him
anyway. e) NOTA
- Why are the roads on p127 in the shape of a swastika? a) In
that part of Poland, the Nazis had paved some roads that way as
propaganda. b) No matter where Vladek and Anja go, they will not
be safe from the Nazis. c) It looks cool. d) It wasn't
really intended that way, but the angle of the picture makes it look
like a swastika. e) NOTA
- Vladek thinks Mala cares only about... a) comfort b) money c) her family d) Artie e) NOTA
frustrates Mala so much about Vladek? a) He treats her like a
maid. b) He treats her like a nurse. c) He is such a
skinflint. d) He makes her feel guilty. e) All of the above. f) NOTA
- Mala thinks his experiences in the war made him how he is today. a) True b) False
- Why is Artie worried about portraying Vladek as he really
is? a) He thinks people won't like Vladek, and so they won't like the book. b) He thinks Vladek will be offended. c) Vladek isn't
really the way Artie shows him. d) He thinks it might be
disrespectful to Anja. e) He doesn't want to further the stereotype of the greedy
Jew. f) NOTA
- Why is Anja's tail showing on p138? a) Her disguise isn't as good as Vladek's.
b) It's a printing mistake. c) It shows how scared she is.
d) It shows that she can't pass for a non-Jew like Vladek. e) NOTA
- p144, center panel, the woman in the scarf. a) Anja b) Mrs.Kawka c) Mrs. Motonowa d) Janina, their former nanny e) Meinka f) Mala g) NOTA
- Why did Vladek think it was safe to go with the smugglers? a) They spoke Yiddish. b) Mrs. Motonowa trusted them. c) His friend Mandelbaum trusted them. d) Vladek got a letter back from someone who said they got through safely. e) Anja trusted them. f) NOTA