Giver Quizzes: ___5 ___5 Vocabulary Practices:
Vocabulary H/w: ___/20 1-1-1: ___/15
Other Extra Credit:
infringe b) exasperate c) unscrupulous d)
reprieve e) profound f) indolent g) conspicuous h) tentative i) haphazard j) relinquish
- During the
summer, without something to do, some kids
can get very _____ and end up not doing much of anything.
- After she fell, she got up and tested her leg _____(ly)
to see if it would support her weight.
- She was always very _____ about her work. That’s why she
- Many rappers “sing” the praises of “bling” and _____
- He soon found that studying for the test would
have a _____ (positive) impact on his grade! OMG!
thought that the new law would _____ upon their
right to protest, and they protested that.
had been raining so much that we ____(ly) planned the
picnic for Saturday, but we also made other plans just in case.
- If you searched more systematically, instead of so _____(ly), you might find what you're looking for.
exchange for safety and peace, the members of the
Community seemed to have _____(ed) a lot of freedom.
- The word ______ comes from a word that means ethics.
a) frivolous b) exploit c) contemporary d) abandon e) dramatic f) NOTA
- If we use the word _____ as a noun, it can also mean an adventure.
The vocab word profound sometimes has a similar meaning to which SAW? _____
- One reason people may dislike lawyers is due to ____ lawsuits that waste everybody’s time and money.
- The roots of this word mean “of the present time.” _____
- A "Civic
Responsibilty" class would probably be about... a) ancient
civilizations. b) how to be a resposible student. c)Honda Civic automobile repair. d) the future. e) NOTA
- Why did
Gran-Da try to burn the flag? a) He hated the SOS men. b)
It didn't have any meaning any more. c) He wanted to be
shot. d) He was a Communist. e) NOTA
- What was
the real reason Donald turned Grand-Da in? a) He was sick of
Gran-Da living with them. b) He was starting to believe
Grand-Da's talk. c) Grand-Da was a Communist. d) He was
afraid Gran-Da would get the whole family in trouble. e) NOTA
- What is most likely the main theme of "Old Glory"? a) That
the right to a fair trial is important. b) That freedom of speech
is important. c) That if people don't stand up for their rights,
those rights might be taken away. d) That you shouldn't burn
flags. e) NOTA
- Why was Jonas Angry at Lily?
a) She liked the newchild better than Jonas. b) She mentioned how
Jonas's eyes were different. c) He thought she was mean to the
newchild. d) He thought she was mean to him. e) NOTA
- Why was Jonas chastised by the Speaker? a) He took an apple home.. b) He
was playing catch with an apple instead of eating it. c) He was
rude to Asher for dropping the apple. d) He was caught teaching
Lily to ride a bike. e) NOTA
- Asher also noticed something had changed about the apple they were tossing. a) True b) False
- Nobody ages past 12 in this community. a) True b) False
- The Giver is written in ______ person. a) first
b) second c) third d) fourth
- We are in
the ______ of the story. a) exposition b) rising
action c) inciting incident d) falling action e)
climax f) NOTA
- Words like since, unless and because signify that a sentence is... a) Simple b) Compound c) Complex d) NOTA
- We can wait here until Carlos calls us. a) Simple b) Compound c) Complex
- A DP is another name
for a... a) German citizen b) an American soldier c)
Nazi d) war prisoner e) a refugee f) NOTA