Total EC: ____ - 7 = Weekly Bonus: +_____
infringe b) exasperate c) unscrupulous d)
reprieve e) profound f) indolent g)
conspicuous h) tentative i) haphazard j)
- During the
summer, without something to do, some kids
can get very _____ and end up not doing much of
- After she fell, she got up and tested her leg _____(ly)
to see if it would support her weight.
- She was always very _____ about her work. That’s why she
- Many rappers “sing” the praises of “bling” and _____
- He soon found that studying for the test would
have a _____ (positive) impact on his grade! OMG!
thought that the new law would _____ upon their
right to protest, and they protested that.
had been raining so much that we ____(ly) planned the
picnic for Saturday, but we also made other plans just in case.
- If you searched more systematically, instead of so _____(ly),
you might find what you're looking for.
- The word
______ comes from a word that means ethics.
Spelling. Choose the wrong one.
revision b) requirement c) believible d) all
insurance b) security c) separately d) all
cooperation b) moveable c) ignorance d) all
- a) maturity b) narative c) creative d) all
a) frivolous b) exploit c) contemporary d)
abandon e) dramatic f) NOTA
- If we
use the word _____ as a noun, it can also mean an adventure.
- The vocab word profound sometimes has a
similar meaning to which SAW? _____
- The roots of this word mean “of the present time.” _____
S/CD/CX. a) Simple b)
Compound c) Complex d) Fragment e)
- The llama was being petulant, so his mom ate the cheeselog.
- His doctor recommended buying a llama and going water-skiing.
- The llama thought he was OK until he wasn’t.
- The crew checked the llama while the captain prepared her for
- Balancing a duck on his head, the llama climbed languidly up
the very steep hill.
- You join two Independent Clauses they are joined improperly.
- What's a barrack (aka
a) Another name for the gas chamber. b) A workshop
building. c) A group of prisoners. d) A building
with the prisoners' bunks. e) NOTA
- Why does the tin
shop foreman, Yidl, dislike Vladek? a)
Because Vladek is Jewish. b) Because Vladek is
Polish. c) Because he thinks Vladek is a capitalist.
d) Because Vladek is too clever for him. e) NOTA
- What does Vladek do
to change Yidl's opinion? a) He works
harder. b) He bribes him with gold. c) He bribes him
with food. d) He teaches him English. e) NOTA
- What was Appel? a) When prisoners went before Dr.
Mengele to be chosen or not to die. b) Another name for
the block kapo. c) A group of
workers chosen to do "Black Work." d) When prisoners lined
up to be counted. e) NOTA
- What was a Selektion? a) When
prisoners went before Dr. Mengele to be chosen or not to
die. b) Another name for the block kapo.
c) A group of workers chosen to do "Black Work." d) When
prisoners lined up to be counted. e) NOTA
- How does Vladek help
Anja with her cruel kapo? a) He does her a
favor. b) He bribes her with
gold. c) He bribes her with food. d) He teaches her
English. e) NOTA
Which quality does Vladek exhibit on the following pages?
- Why does Vladek get beaten by a guard? a) He disobeyed
an order. b) He was caught with extra food. c) He
was caught talking to Anja. d) He was picked at random at
an Appel. e) NOTA
- What was "Black Work"? a) Taking apart the gas
chambers. b) Dragging the bodies out of the gas
chambers. c) Moving big rocks digging holes. d)
Being a kapo
e) Cleaning out the bathrooms. f) NOTA