H/w:___/20 Vocab Practices: ___/10 ___/11
Giver Quizzes: ___/5 ___/5 1-1-1's: ___10
Other Extra Credit:
- What distinguishes the Sevens from the younger kids? a)
They have bicycles b) They have to volunteer in the
Community. c) Their jackets button down the front. d) They
get haircuts. e) NOTA
- This, in this community, was one of the first signs of independence. a) True b) False
- Gabriel has been scheduled for release because he has been labeled Uncertain. a) True b) False
- If a young child dies, he is replaced by one with the same name. a) True b) False
- When the
elders match spouses, which of these factors is not taken into
account? a) intelligence b) disposition c)
aptitude d) physical characteristics e) energy level
f) interests g) All are taken into account.
- If you don't fit in with the Community, you can apply to leave. a)True b) False
- Chapter 6 is part of the ______ of the story. a) exposition b) rising
action c) inciting incident d) falling action e)
climax f) resolution g) NOTA
- The Giver is written in ____ person. a) first b) second c) third
lethargic b) meager c) impede d) fleeting e)
escalate f) exuberant g) wry h) wretched i)
suppress j) augment
- Although you might think they do, recent studies have
concluded that cough _____(ants) don’t really stop your
- On the last day of school, the kids ran ______(ly) through the halls.
- In the story "Old Glory," freedom of speech was ____(ed).
- The Lemony Snicket books are known for their ____ humor about seemingly terrible events.
- His pants were so tight they _______(ed) his movement.
- The mayfly’s life is very _____. A mayfly only lives to reproduce and is alive for only 24 hours.
- After the police mishandled the fight, it ____(ed) into a riot.
- Pokemon Go is an example of a game that uses _____(ed) reality,
adding extra features to the real world through technology.
- Not studying and skipping homework will _____ your progress in school.
- Some teachers keep their classrooms very cold because they think it keeps the students from being too ____.
- The amount of food coupons given to the Jews only allowed them very ______ portions, not enough to get by legally.
- The prisoners in Auschwitz were kept in ______ conditions.