Other Extra Credit:
lethargic b) meager c) impede d) fleeting
escalate f) exuberant g) wry h) wretched
suppress j) augment
- On the last day of school, the kids ran ______(ly) through the
- In some countries, freedom of speech is ____(ed), and people
can't criticize the government.
- The Lemony Snicket books are known for their ____ humor about
seemingly terrible events.
- His pants were so tight they _______(ed) his
- After the police mishandled the fight, it ____(ed)
into a riot.
- He _____(ed) his income selling YoDots after school.
- Not studying and skipping homework will _____ your
progress in school.
- Some teachers keep their classrooms very cold because
they think it keeps the students from being too ____.
- The amount of food coupons given to the
Jews only allowed them very ______ portions, not enough to
get by legally.
- The prisoners in Auschwitz were kept in ______ conditions.
S/CD/CX. a) Simple b) Compound c)
Complex d) Fragment e) Run-on
- The llama was being petulant, so his mom ate the cheeselog.
- His doctor recommended that he go on a vacation.
- The llama thought he was OK until he wasn’t.
- The crew checked the llama while the captain prepared her for
- When you forget to call your mom.
- Balancing a duck on his head, the llama climbed languidly up
the very steep hill.
- You join two Independent Clauses they are joined improperly.
- Why couldn't Vladek and the others do their plan to escape
from Auschwitz? a) They got caught planning.
b) Their hideout got discovered. c) They chickened
out. d) They heard the Germans were going to blow up the
camp. e) They didn't have enough food stashed. f)
does Francoise mean when she says, "I'll bet you that
notebooks were written on both sides of the page..."
Anja had a lot to say. b) Anja had nothing else to do but
in her diary. c) Paper was hard to get. d) Vladek
have wasted any paper he could write on. e) NOTA
- How does Vladek get the store manager to accept the returned
food? a) He convinces him that he's poor. b) He
tells him there was something wrong with the food. c) He
gets angry and threatens to never shop there again. d) He
makes the manager feel sorry for him. e) NOTA
- Where does Vladek say his "troubles began"? a)
Gross-Rosen c) the train car d) Dachau
e) On the march out of Auschwitz. f) NOTA
- Why did the French man share his food with Vladek? a)
Vladek helped him get a clean shirt. b) Vladek helped him
to his family. c) Vladek taught him English. d)
talked to him and they became friends. e) NOTA