Commas Bonus: +____ Vocab H/W:
___/20 Vocab Practice:
___/12 ____/13 KBARR: ___/30
Other Extra Credit:
Vocabulary. a) ominous b) permeate c) dejected d)
assuage e) ubiquitous f) meticulous g)
assimilate h) solace i) petulant j) languid
- The man finally ______(ed) his intense thirst with a drink from the fountain.
- The smell of brownies ______ the house and made me very
- Whenever she was down about something, she always seemed to find
________ in her music.
- He spoke in _______ tones about the upcoming battle which they would probably lose.
- The goal of immigrants used to be ______(ion), but these days
people seem to like to emphasize their differences.
- Towards the end of the book, Vladek gets very ____ and weak because of his health issues.
- When the little girl gets tired, she gets _____, and pouts about
- It is taking us awhile to ______ the concepts of compound and
- When your sadness is _____(ed)...
- ...your soul has found ___.
- Vladek is so ____, he spent four hours unpacking, refolding and then repacking their luggage.
- For awhile last year, fidget spinners were _____; you saw them everywhere you looked.
- If you don’t already know today we’re going to learn to
cut and paste kids! a) know, today, b) today, paste,
c) know, paste, d) OK as is. e) NOTA
- Lloyd the llama author of a best-selling book and
renowned rocket scientist was awarded the prestigious Nobel Prize for
Poetry. a) Lloyd, llama, b) Lloyd, llama,
scientist, d) llama, scientist, e) OK as is.
- The llama that she rode to the wedding looked very
pretty. a) llama, b) llama, wedding, c)
wedding, d) Ok as is. e) NOTA
- As the
llama goddess she regulated the course of the heavenly bodies and
controlled the alternating seasons. a) llama, goddess,
bodies, b) goddess, c) goddess, bodies, d) goddess,
regulated, bodies, e) OK as is. f) NOTA
- Because the llama missed the bus he was late for his
very important appointment. a) Because, b) bus, c)
bus, very, d) OK as is. e) NOTA
- Please no smoking food or beverages in the
classroom! a) Please, b) Please, food, c)
Please, smoking, d) Please, smoking, food, e) NOTA
- There was no question that the llama’s painting a huge colorful and ugly mural was the worst entry in the art exhibit.
a) question, painting, huge, colorful, b) painting, huge,
colorful, mural, c) huge, colorful, d) huge,
colorful, mural, e) OK as is. f) NOTA
- The llama
was born on May 7 1955 and his best friend was born exactly two months
later on July 7 1955. a) 7, 1955, 7, b)
7, 1955, later, c)7, 1955, later, 7, d) OK as is. e) NOTA
- Sid waited for the llama to arrive so he could get a
ride in his hot new Camaro. a) arrive, b) arrive,
ride, c) arrive, hot, d) OK as is. e) NOTA
does Francoise mean when she says, "I'll bet you that Anja's
notebooks were written on both sides of the page..." ? a)
Anja had a lot to say. b) Anja had nothing else to do but write
in her diary. c) Paper was hard to get. d) Vladek wouldn't
have wasted any paper he could write on. e) NOTA
- How does Vladek escape the ordeal by the lake? (begins p266)
a) He jumps in the lake and swims away. b) He bribes the
Germans. c) He sneaks out while the Germans sleep. d)
The Germans just leave. e) NOTA
- Why did the French man share his food with Vladek? a)
Vladek helped him get a clean shirt. b) Vladek helped him write
to his family. c) Vladek taught him English. d) Vladek
talked to him and they became friends. e) NOTA
- Chapter 5 begins with Artie listening to a tape recording of
Vladek describing Richieu's death. What literary device is this
called? a) foreshadowing b) metaphor c) simile
d) flashback e) NOTA
- Why did Vladek say they wanted to leave Poland after the
war? a) "We survived everything just to get shot while the
war ends!" b) "The Poles are still killing Jews there!" c)
"Let the Germans have a little what they did to the Jews." d) "It
was nothing anymore there for us..." e) "I had again a good business..." f) NOTA
- How did Vladek manage to sell all of the "unfashionable" stockings no one else could sell?
a) He tells people of his troubles in the war. b) He takes
advantage of his knowledge of textiles. c) He makes people buy
them to get something they want. d) He sells them really cheap. e) NOTA
- A DP is another name for a... a) German citizen b) an American soldier c) Nazi d) war prisoner e) NOTA
- What is a Gentile? a) a German citizen b) American soldier c) a non-Jew d) a war prisoner e) NOTA
- Why do the Poles leave Anja alone after the war? (Unlike poor
Gelber.) a) She's a refugee. b) She is also a Pole.
c) She didn't try to get her property back. d) The Jewish
organization protected her. e) NOTA
- What gives Anja hope about Vladek after the war? a)
She heard good news from Mancie. b) The Jewish organization sent
word. c) The prediction from the Gypsy. d) She had a
dream. e) NOTA
- How does Art Spiegelman feel about Maus being
taught everywhere in schools? a) He is annoyed.
b) He thinks they are doing it wrong and should stop.
c) He is grateful. d) He is glad for the recognition. e) He
doesn't really have an opinion. f) NOTA