Giver KBARR: ___/30 Giver Quizzes:
Other Extra Credit:
- If you don’t already know today we’re going to learn to cut
and paste kids! a) know, today, b) today,
paste, c) know, paste, d) OK as is. e)
- Lloyd the llama author of a best-selling book and
renowned rocket scientist was awarded the prestigious Nobel
Prize for Poetry. a) Lloyd, llama, b) Lloyd,
llama, scientist, d) llama, scientist, e) OK
- The llama that she rode to the wedding looked very
pretty. a) llama, b) llama, wedding, c)
wedding, d) Ok as is. e) NOTA
- As the
llama goddess she regulated the course of the heavenly bodies
and the llama god controlled the alternating seasons. a)
llama, goddess, bodies, b) goddess, c)
goddess, bodies, d) goddess, regulated,
bodies, e) OK as is. f) NOTA
- Because the llama missed the bus he was late for his very
important appointment. a) Because, b) bus, c)
bus, very, d) OK as is. e) NOTA
- Please no smoking food or beverages in the classroom! a)
Please, b) Please, food, c) Please,
smoking, d) Please, smoking, food, e) NOTA
- There was no question that the llama’s painting a huge
colorful and ugly mural was the worst entry in the art exhibit.
a) question, painting, huge, colorful, b) painting,
huge, colorful, mural, c) huge, colorful, d)
huge, colorful, mural, e) OK as is. f)
- Sid waited for the llama to arrive so he could get a ride in
his hot new Camaro. a) arrive, b) arrive,
ride, c) arrive, hot, d) OK as is. e) NOTA
Vocab I. a)
consternation b) vigilant c) peril d)
yearn e) feeble f) cower g) hinder h)
buckle i) manifest j) regress
- The previous vocab word impede is similar in meaning
to one of this week’s words:______
- Jonas said that the strongest feeling in his dream was the
- One of these
days your knees will ____ under the weight of your giant
- The Latin root
of this word means “obvious.” ______
- The neighbors’
constantly-barking dogs caused us great ________.
- Lack of sleep
_____(s) itself in many ways, such as an actual drop in
- The test
supervisor was not very ____, and many students cheated on
Vocab II. Skip this
section if you earned 15/15 yesterday! Write "exempt" on your
test paper in this section.
a) = Vocab word used correctly b) = Vocab word NOT
- ____ Mr.
Coward showed his consternation when
2nd Period was disrespectful to the sub.
- ____ She had a yearn for a better life.
- ____ The buckle bridge was very old and ready
- ____ His lack
of studying really hindered his
- ____ Fifth
Period cowered when
Mr. Coward went off on them.
- ____ First
Period acted so regress yesterday;
they were just like kindergartners.
- Why is Jonas angry at Fiona in his dream? a) She is
breaking the rules. b) She is making fun of his eyes.
c) She is angry at him. d)She won't take him
seriously. e) All of the above.
- How does Jonas describe his dream? a) Pleasurable and
confusing. b) Frightening and confusing. c) Confusing
and funny. d) Sad and depressing. e) Weird f)
- What distinguishes the Eight from the younger kids? a)
They have bicycles b) They have to volunteer in the
Community. c) Their jackets button down the front.
d) They get haircuts. e) NOTA
- Gabriel has been scheduled for release because he has been
labeled Uncertain. a) True b) False
- If a young child dies, he is replaced by one with the same
name. a) True b) False
- When the
elders match spouses, which of these factors is not taken into
account? a) intelligence b) disposition c)
aptitude d) physical characteristics e) energy level
f) interests g) All are taken into account.
- If you don't fit in with the Community, you can apply to
leave. a) True b) False
- Chapter 6 is part of the ______ of the story. a)
exposition b) rising action c) inciting
incident d) falling action e) climax f)
resolution g) NOTA
- The Giver is written in ____
person. a) first b) second c)
third d) fourth