Interview: ___/100 TS KBARR: ___/20 TS Quizzes: ___/7 ___/5 ___/2
Vocab h/w: ___/20 Vocab Practice: ___/12 ___/12 ___/10
Other Extra Credit: Gramma: +___
Grammar. a) noun b) verb c)
adjective d) adverb e) pronoun f) conjunction
- Answers the questions how, where, or when.
- The main one in a sentence is also known as the predicate.
- Answers the questions which one, what kind, how many.
- Connects words, phrases and clauses.
- Has a past, present, and future.
- A substitute for a noun.
- Intensifies an adjective or an adverb.
blather b) pariah c) impudent d) omniscient e)
appalling f) purloin g) eloquent h) zenith i)
miscreant j) ostentatious
- Kendra’s huge, sparkly earrings were too _____ for the low-key funeral.
- “For plainly this ______ had sold himself to Satan and it would be fatal” to mess with him.
- The homeless are sometimes the ______(s) of today’s society.
- While Aunt Polly’s back was turned, Tom _______(ed) a doughnut.
- By definition, God is ________.
- The movie star was at the _____ of her popularity when she died suddenly.
- Among the mothers of St. Petersburg, Huck Finn is a _____.
- The sloppiness of the projects was _______ to the teacher.
- In Tom Sawyer, Mark Twain is a 3rd person, ______ narrator.
- Huck thought Tom was a(n) ______ writer after he heard the oath Tom wrote.
SAWs. a) xenophobia b) constrain c) establish d) cohesive e) specify
- People with criminal backgrounds are legally ____(ed) from working for some government agencies like the FBI.
- Even though the story jumped around from the past to the future, it still had a _____ feel and was easy to follow.
- The Community in The Giver was basically organized around the concept of _______.
- How did Tom
get revenge on Sid for tattling on him? a) He "licked" him.
b) He got Sid in trouble for breaking the sugar bowl. c) He threw
dirt clods at him. d) He got Sid's good clothes all dirty.
did Tom climb the fence instead of using the gate? (p16) a)
Because it was easier to get away that way. b) Because it was
faster to get away that way. c) Because the gate was
broken. d) Because it was more fun that way. e) So Aunt
Polly couldn't follow him. f) NOTA
- What does Tom fantasize about twice in Chapter 3?
a) Being dead. b) Being rich. c) Getting revenge on
Sid. d) The new girl. e) Being a pirate f) NOTA
- What does Tom say to the schoolmaster that makes him so angry? a)
That he didn't care that he was late. b) He makes up a stupid
lie. c) He says he stopped to talk to Huck. d) He says his
aunt made him late pulling his tooth. e) He denies being late. f) NOTA
- Re. the picture. Who is the tall one? a) Tom b) Becky
c) the schoolmaster d) Huck e) Aunt Polly f) NOTA
- Re. the picture. Why was it drawn? a) To impress
someone. b) To help someone with his/her work. c) As art to
display. d) For no reason; just doodling. e) A school art show. f) NOTA
- Becky was really angry about Tom writing "I love you" on his slate. a) True b) False
- The word jubilant
(p50) most nearly means... a) hurting. b) ecstatic.
c) worried. d) regretful. e) sad. f) NOTA
- Tom Sawyer is written in... a) 1st person b) 2nd person c) 3rd person
- We are in the ______ of the story. a) exposition b)
inciting incident c) rising action d) climax e)
falling action f) resolution