Grammar Reviews: ___/10 ___/13 ___/11 SAWs: ___/10
Vocab H/W: ___/20 Vocab Practices: ___/13 ___/13
Other Extra Credit:
Grammar. a) noun b) verb c) adjective d) adverb e) pronoun f) conjunction g) preposition
a very scary bear, and we beat a hasty retreat from his lair.
- He: _____
- was: _____
- very: _____
- scary: _____
- bear: _____
- and: _____
- we: _____
- beat: _____
- hasty: _____
- retreat: _____
- from: _____
- his: _____
- lair: _____
a) solicitous b) peevish c) cynical d)
propagate e) blasphemy f) delusion g)
relish h) naive i) caper j) aesthetic
- excited : disappointed :: savvy : ____
- jovial : peevish :: credulous : _____
- In order for a species to survive, it must ______ itself.
- She scraped her knee ____(ing) around on the blacktop.
- In addition to being very functional and useful, the machine was also ____(ally) pleasing.
- Apparently, second period was under the ______ that it was OK to interrupt the teacher.
- The rumor seemed to _____ itself all over the school, until everyone had heard it.
- Some people say that it is only a _____ that there is life after death...
- ...and that we are being _____ to think that we are anything but worm food...
- ...But someone who is deeply religious might say that kind of talk is _____.
guarantee b) contrast c) parallel d)
industry e) logical f) abstain g)
capacity h) distribute i) method j)
- He was a very _____(ous) lad who started his first company when he was ten.
- The Chief Elder said that Jonas had the “______ to see beyond.”
- At first Pony only saw the ______(s) between his life and Cherry’s…
- …but soon he realized there were many ______(s), and they weren’t as different as they seemed.
- This word has to do with scruples. _______
- This word also means the habit of working hard. ______
- When the Third Expedition discovers the "Illinois town." (Be careful.) a) exposition b) inciting incident c) rising action d) climax e) falling action f) resolution
- When the Martian reveals himself to Captain Black. a) exposition b) inciting incident c) rising action d) climax e) falling action f) resolution
- When Captain Black dies. a) exposition b) inciting incident c) rising action d) climax e) falling action f) resolution
- When the Martians go back to being Martians. a) exposition b) inciting incident c) rising action d) climax e) falling action f) resolution
- The root -cred, as in incredible, means... a)
huge b) amazing c) disbelief d) see e)
good f) NOTA
- Credulous means... a) amazing b) incredible c) boring d) cynical e) naive f) NOTA