Warm Ups: ___/5 ___/5 ___/6 ___/8
Spelling 3x: ___/10 TS Quizzes: ___/7
Vocab h/w: ___20 Vocab Practice: ___/13 ___/15 ___/15 Giver Project: ___/60 or ___/75
Other Extra Credit:
- a) revision b) requirement c) believible d) all correct
- a) insurance b) security c) separately d) all correct
- a) cooperation b) moveable c) ignorance d) all correct
- a) maturity b) narative c) creative d) all correct
- “_____ is bliss.” a) cooperation b) moveable c) ignorance d) requirement e) NOTA
- painful : pleasurable :: together : _____ a) cooperation b) moveable c) ignorance d) requirement e) NOTA
- option : requirement :: conflict : _____ a) cooperation b) moveable c) ignorance d) requirement e) NOTA
- The reason we drop the last e from a word like store before we add an ending likeage, is that… a) Store ends with a consonant sound. b) The ending age also ends with an e. c) The ending age begins with a consonant d) The ending age makes it an adjective. e) The ending age begins with a vowel.
- The reason we don’t drop the last e from a word like positive before we add an ending like -ly, is that… a) Positive ends with a consonant sound. b) The ending-lyends with an y. c) The ending -ly begins with a consonant d) The ending -ly makes it an adjective. e) NOTA
-- a) fickle b) apathetic c) prodigious
d) magnanimous e) palpable f) wary g) proscribe
h) precarious i) canvass j) earnest
- The NFL head coach’s position is very ______. If the team doesn’t do well this season, he will lose his job.
- She was too _____ to resent all the things others had said to her. (Not apathetic.)
- The class discussion was not very lively; the students were rather _______ about the topic.
- The boys _____(ed) matter inwardly, thinking about all the possibilities.
- doctor : prescribe :: law : ______
- By definition, a ghost would not be ______.
- proscribed : allowed :: apathetic : ______
- Luck is ______; one day you have it all good, and the next it’s all bad.
- We entered the scary, dark alley ____(ly), looking for any signs of danger.
SAWs. a) pursue b) alter c) approach d) critical e) prevention
- During the brainstorming phase, it is ____ that...
- ... nobody is ____ of any ideas. Save judgement for after.
- If you are not passing the tests, you should probably ____ ...
- ...your ____ to studying, and perhaps seek some help.
did Tom do before he left camp to visit home? a) Took some food.
b) Left a note saying he was homesick and had to leave. c) Hid
his valuables from the other boys. d) Told the other boys about a
plan he had. e) NOTA
does Tom start to do, and then decide not to do? a) Tell the boys about
a plan he has. b) Leave a note for Aunt Polly. c) Steal
some more food before returning to camp. d) Bust out and tell
everybody. e) NOTA
- Why does Aunt Polly scold
Sid? a) For not telling her that Tom was running away. b) She
thinks he had something to do with Tom's death. c) He talks badly
of Tom. d) He doesn't believe that Tom is dead. e) NOTA
- What was it that finally convinced
the villagers that the boys had drowned? a) Discovering the raft
missing. b) The fact that the boys didn't come home for
dinner. c) They found out that the boys weren't good
swimmers. d) Finding the empty raft downstream. e) They
found Joe's shoes. f) NOTA
- Why does Tom not "capture" the rowboat he uses to get back to the
island, even though he's tempted to? a) Because of the guilt from
stealing. b) Because it was too big to hide. c) Because he didn't
have time. d) Because he thought it might be noticed that it was
gone. e) Because a pirate wouldn't do that. f) NOTA
- Now we know what the note Tom left for the boys said. What was
it? a) I'm sick of being a pirate. b) I have to check on
Aunt Polly. c) You can have my stuff if I'm not back by
breakfast. d) You guys suck eggs. e) NOTA
- "Well the
things is ours anyway, ain't they ?" (last page of ch. 15) Who's
talking? a) Joe b) Huck c) Tom d) Sid e)
part of the story are we in? a) exposition b) inciting
incident c) rising action d) climax e) falling
action f) resolution