Husker Du: ___/13 ___/13 SAWs: ___/10 Tom Sawyer: ___/7 ___/8
Vocab h/w: ___/20 Vocab Practice: ___/13 ___/13 ___/13
Other Extra Credit:
noun b) pronoun c) verb d) adjective e)
adverb f) conjunction g) preposition h) interjection
- The only kind of word that takes an article in front of it.
- The possessive kind don’t need apostrophes.
- In the sentence, He ran there, the word there is a(n) ______.
- The main one in a sentence is also known as the predicate.
- The words am, is, are, was, were are all _____(s).
- In the sentence, He ran with scissors, the word with is a(n) _______.
- In many languages other than English, this comes AFTER the noun instead of before, as in English
- A word that shows the relationship between two words in the sentence.
- Answers the questions how, where, or when.
- Answers the questions which one, what kind, how many.
- The running man fell.
- He kept a running total of his grade.
- I like running the mile.
- We are running in PE tomorrow.
a) flourish b) pariah c) impudent d) omniscient e) appalling f) purloin g) eloquent h) zenith i) miscreant j) ostentatious
- "The sheriff came through, _____(ly) leading Potter by the arm."
- “For plainly this ______ had sold himself to Satan and it would be fatal” to mess with him.
- The homeless are sometimes the ______(s) of today’s society.
- While Aunt Polly’s back was turned, Tom _______(ed) a doughnut.
- By definition, God is ________.
- The movie star was at the _____ of her popularity when she died suddenly.
- Among the mothers of St. Petersburg, Huck Finn is a _____.
- The sloppiness of the projects was _______ to the teacher.
- In Tom Sawyer, Mark Twain is a 3rd person, ______ narrator.
- Huck thought Tom was a(n) ______ writer after he heard the oath Tom wrote.
- When Injun Joe tells his version of the events in the graveyard,
Tom and Huck are amazed when something doesn't happen. What were they
expecting? a)That Injun Joe would be arrested. b) That nobody would believe Injun Joe. c) That Injun Joe would confess. d) That Injun Joe would be struck by lightning. e) NOTA
- What do they think the reason is that it didn't happen? a) Because somebody else is in on it. b) Because people were too scared of Injun Joe. c) Because Muff Potter finally confessed. d) Because Injun Joe sold his soul to Satan. e) NOTA
- "They inwardly resolved to watch him, nights, when the opportunity should offer, in the hope of getting a glimpse of his dread master." (p79) Who
is "his dread master"? a) A slaveowner. b) Huck's
dad. c) Injun Joe's burglary partner. d) The sheriff.
e) Hoss Williams f) NOTA
- "It's blood, it's blood, that's what it is!" (p80) Who's
talking? a) Tom b) Joe Harper c) Huck d)
Injun Joe e) Aunt Polly f) One of the villagers
- "It's blood, it's blood, that's what it is!" (p80)
What's going on? a) The doctor is examining Muff Potter's
knife. b) Tom is talking in his sleep. c) Joe Harper and
Tom are playing pirate. d) Huck and Tom are talking about a
superstition. e) The fatal wound on Dr. Robinson's body was
bleeding again. f) NOTA
- Why did Aunt Polly think Tom had been taking the Painkiller all that time? a) She secretly watched him. b) Because she decided to just believe him. c) He acted like he was feeling better. d) She had Sid spy on him. e) She check to see if the level of the bottle changed. f) NOTA
- (p85) "I done it out of pity, because he hadn't any aunt." What is the point Tom is trying to make to Aunt Polly? a) He felt sorry for the cat. b) He really thought the cat would like it. c) Why is she worried about the cat and not him? d) He was pretending to be Aunt Polly, and that Peter was Tom. e) NOTA
- What does Tom do when Becky finally comes back to school? a) He hugs her. b) He starts trying to impress her. c) He ignores her. d) He apologizes. e) He tries to hold her hand. f) NOTA
- How does she respond? a) Enthusiastically b)
Angrily c) Aloofly d) Sadly e) Worriedly f)