Spelling: ___/5 ___/8 Spelling/Roots h/w: ___/10 TS Quizzes:
___20 Vocab Practice: ___/14 ___/14
Other Extra Credit: Spelling Bee?___ Vocab Relay?___
Spelling/Roots. For 1-4 choose the incorrectly spelled word or choose "all correct" if they are.
A) B) C)
- a) scissers b) fragile c) congestion d) all correct
- a) digestion b) infraction c) incision d) all correct
- a) insignia b) critiqe c) hypocrite d) all correct
- a) decisive b) designate c) critisism d) all correct
- “beneath judge person” = a) 1a b) 2b c) 3b d) 3c e) 4c f) NOTA
- “together pile up thing” = a) 1c b) 2a c) 2b d) 2c e) 3a f) NOTA
- “into cut thing” = a) 1a b) 2b c) 2c d) 3a e) 4c f) NOTA
- “into mark thing” = a) 1a b) 2b c) 2c d) 3a e) 4c f) NOTA
gratify b) cacophony c) wreak d) rapt e)
effusive f) nigh g) saunter h) conjecture i)
vogue j) pliable
- The roots of this word mean “to pour out.”
- Although there was a lot of ______, nobody actually knew what happened.
- The roots of this word mean “jumbled sound.”
- A zero ____(s) much more damage on your grade than just an F.
- Young brains are very ____ and can be easily influenced.
- The end of the school year is ____; please don’t give up now.
- After Cherry told Dally to get lost, he just smiled and ____(ed) away.
- Batman’s butler Alfred is not a very _____ person. He is always very calm and reserved.
- Transfixed and rapt are similar in meaning. a) True b) False
- If it is Wednesday, Thursday is nigh. a) True b) False
- Alyce (Beetle) was very effusive with her emotions. a) True b) False
- The root of the word conjecture means “to throw.” a) True b) False
- Vaping is very vogue right now. a) True b) False
- slang: "...let's tackle the ha'nted house..." a) knock over b) vandalize c) attempt d) spy on e) hide out in f) NOTA
- slang: "...they'll all comb a body..."
a) make you comb your hair b) make you dress nicely and be
neat c) use a comb to look for fleas d) nag you
- For Tom and Huck, what is the unluckiest day of the week?
a) Monday b) Tuesday c) Wednesday d) Thursday
e) Friday f) Doomday
- Who is pictured in Illustration A? a) Injun Joe's partner,
the ragged man. b) Another detective hired to find Injun
Joe. c) Injun Joe d) Tom's disguise for following Injun
Joe. e) NOTA
- What saved the boys from being caught by Injun Joe in the haunted
house the first time? a) Injun Joe didn't look their way when
they were poking around. b) Their superstition about
Fridays. c) Their superstition about ghosts. d) It was too
dark to see them. e) NOTA
- What was the original caption for Illustration B? a) The Search
for Joe Ends b) The Detective Catches Injun Joe. c) Joe's
Secret. d) Hidden Treasures Unearthed. e) The Body.
- In one word, the "job" that Injun Joe talks about "aint
robbery altogether -- it's _____!" a) murder b)
escape c) treasure d) revenge e) NOTA
- Why does Injun Joe decide not to rebury the treasure they find?
a) He wonders why there was a pick and shovel there. b) He knows
the boys have been watching him. c) He doesn't trust his partner,
the ragged man. d) He's leaving town right away. e) NOTA
- Which of the following was the original caption for Illustration
C? a) The Fight b) Muff's Revenge c) The End of Injun
Joe? d) The Boys' Salvation e) Treasure Hunting Fun.