Thursday, 8/29/13 - Meeting in Computer Lab.
Sit at the computer with the same number as your clicker number.
spelling: a) security b) valuble c)
completion d) revision e) all correct (5x each
for the ones you missed.)
vocabulary: "I wish I had done my homework," I
thought__________(ly). a) sage b) savvy c)
infer d) rueful e) conform (Study the pretest from Wednesday.)
warm up reruns: casual : nonchalant :: sage : **_______ a)
fathom b) savvy c) infer d) rueful e)
conform (Study your notebook.)
classwork: Why do we drop the e from ignore before we add -ance to spell ignorance? "Delinquent"
library: Pay attention today.
Husker Du: Reruns from last Friday's quiz.
Please leave your notebook out for me to check KBAR.
STAR READING TEST.
Please read through all directions before beginning.
- Log in to the COMPUTER with your SCHOOL username (FirstMLast) and password (on your schedule).
- Start -- All Programs -- Applications -- StarReading -- Star Reader 242S.
- Your PASSWORD for the STAR TEST is YOUR INITIALS: Johnny Lightning's password would be jl.
- Once the STAR test begins, your mouse will stop working; answer all the questions using the keyboard.
- The first three questions are easy samples to show you how it works.
- When you are finished, close the program.
- You may wander the 'net or play with MS Paint if you are finished early.
- When everyone is finished, log out.
Back to Classroom.
Mini KBARR Response Demo:
"Delinquent" by Langston Hughes.
a) Read the definitions of the word delinquent. Read the poem. Read it again.
Respond to the poem in your notebook; at least three sentences or so.
Be sure to put title (of the poem) and date, just as you should for KBAR. Here are some things to think about:
What does he really mean by stout? And, "it's not just stomach sticking out"?
What qualities do we associate with animals like the ones he compares Julie to?
What's his point?
c) Check responses against rubric.