Thursday, 1/8/15 - Tomorrow's Test: Vocabulary, Classwork/Discussions, Whatever we've read this week, Husker Du.
Finish/correct Ped Quiz.
"Warm Up - 1/8/15." ** = vocabulary word. Write the word/answer. You will use words more than once.
- ** ______ could be used as either a noun or a verb. (2 answers. 2nd one is +1.)
- ** The tape didn't __________ too well to the brick, and the poster fell down.
- ** The __________ mourners burst into tears at the funeral.
- ** A parent's job is not just to feed, clothe, and shelter her children, but to _____ them.
- ** You should ask for forgiveness if you commit a _________.
- ** The waiter was ________(ed) for forgetting the customer's order.
- ** The news that an escaped criminal was loose in my neighborhood was rather ________.
- Which one is an example of a euphemism? a) Can't teach
an old dog new tricks. b) He was as quick as lightning. c)
LOL. d) jumbo shrimp. e) NOTA
- The inciting incident in "Old Glory" would be...
a) Gran-Da being shot. b) Donald turning Gran-Da in. c)
Gran-Da burning the flag. d) The passing of the SOS law. e)
Donald writing his paper.
- "The Forecast" and "The Pedestrian" have similar themes. a) True b) False
Bonus! "Translate" the euphemisms! +1 each.
- "previously owned"
- "chronologically advanced"
- "governmental revenue enhancement"
- "intentionally inaccurate statement"
- "encore telecast"
What if you could never forget?
The Giver ?