Tuesday, 1/20/15 - Welcome to the Second Semester
Reminder: 120 Seconds Begins Tomorrow!
Copy homework into assignment book:
- KBARBlog = The Giver. There will be a reading check quiz every day, preceded by a Q/A session. Bring your book EVERY DAY, and come prepared with questions about ANYTHING you don't understand.
- RESPONSE = DAILY = 1/1/1 = 1 sentence summary, 1 sentence reaction, 1 question.
- Tuesday night: read to the end of chapter 5
- Wednesday night: read to the end of chapter 6
- Thursday night: read to the end of chapter 8
- 120 Seconds begins Wednesday and continues T, W, Th until we get through everybody.
"Reading in the Content Area: Science"
- Read/Do p362-363. You may partnertize.
- Correct sheet. Record score out of _____.
- Do quiz in notebook. No partners this time.
RCA Science Quiz. Write the ANSWER.
- Taste buds are examples of receptors. a) True b) False
- A neuron is a type of...
- The nerves that connect the arms and legs with the spinal cord are part of the _______ nervous system.
- The science article on p363 compares the nervous system to a ______.
- Which of these is NOT something this
lesson will teach? a) What an impulse is. b) The difference
between the central and peripheral nervous systems. c) How the
brain works. d) How neurons do their job. e) All of these
will be taught.
- This is a diagram of a
neuron. Identify #1. a) cytoplasm b) dendrites c)
peripheral cells d) receptors e) NOTA
- When you remember what a verb is, you are using your peripheral nervous system. a) True. b) False.
- At the end of this lesson, there will be a lab. a) True. b) False.
- The "signal words" in an article like this will probably show parts or categories. a) True b) False
Start reading The Giver aloud.