Warm Up. Write the word. * = AW 1-13 ** = Vocabulary
* In this class, if you do not do your homework, you will ______(ly) fail.
* Our _____ choice for where to stay turned out to be a good one...this
* The hacker exploited people's trust online in order to get passwords.
This is an example of the correct use of the word exploit. a) True
** (2) counterfeit : _______ :: loyal : ________ (opposites)
** surgeon : operate :: Two Bit : ______
** She won the ___(ed) Best Cheese award at the State Fair.
(?) Name the prepositions in the following sentence. Without
a doubt, spitting on the subway is against the law.
AW III. Do 14-20 on the green sheet.
14. Literally: "not the way." Almost always has the word from after it.
15. Literally "together timely." Happening at the same time. We also use
this word to mean modern.
16. We had the noun form of this word early in the year with the ending
-ation. It meant the dictionary definition of a word. Here the verb means
17. This word is based on the word cross. It means vital and important.
18. This is a conjunction that combines two adverbs.
19. Literally "into lead."
20. Literally "into fold." It means unspoken, but understood.
Tom Sawyer 35.
Huck's philosophy: "...becuz I
don't give a dern for a thing 'thout it's tollable hard to git." (p228)
What does he mean?
Today's Special Guest "Lecturer": Mark