Wednesday, 10/8/14 - Checking Vocabulary Homework Part II.
Warm Up. Copy ONLY #1. For the rest, write the word. Spelling counts. (10p)
* = spelling. ** = vocabulary
- * antagonist : protagonist :: villain : ______
- *Do you understand the _____(s) of dividing fractions?
- * Red and green are ________(ary) colors.
books are *______? (Must get both. There is a second pair of
words that will also work. +1 if you can come up with that pair too.)
- * Dally is Johnny's ______.
- * The word ______ comes from the French word for body. Add an e and you get our word for a dead body.
- (2) The *________ stupidity of his actions shows his **______ for safety.
- * What Mrs. Healy and Mrs. Anderson do.
- John murdered the Cheerios and then he offed the
Captain Crunch and then he snuffed out the Wheaties. John is a _______
killer. (Get it? This is a pun on which pair of words?
Vocabulary Practice. You will use each word once. Write the word in your notebook.
The Outsiders. ("Nothing Gold Can Stay")