Thursday, 10/9/14 - Checking Vocabulary Homework Part III.
Tomorrow's Test: spelling, vocabulary, Outsiders (ch5), Husker Du?
Warm Up. Write the answers in your notebook. In your notebook. Do not peek at the sheet..
1-5: Write the correct pair in the correct order, correctly spelled.
6-10: Write the word. 11: Do what it says.
Finish Outsiders ch5 if not already there.
- who is : ___ :: who owns : ___
- nugget : ___ :: rank : ___
- belongs to them: ___ :: location: _____
- group : ___ :: center : _____
- it is : ___ :: it owns : ____
good experience _____(ed) some of our fears about the process. a)
disdain b) engross c) adversary d) dispel e)
- She speaks French and
German with equal ______. a) disdain
b) concoction c) diminishing d) engrossed e) aplomb
was a(n) _____ roller coaster ride we exited with smiles on our
faces. a) grueling b) exhilarating c)
engrossing d) banishing e) diminishing
sat there, _____ in his fascinating shipwreck tale. a)
banished b) disdained c) engrossed d)
aplombed e) grueling
- Which word best captures the Soc's attitude toward the greasers? a) grueling b) engrossed c) adversary d) banish e) disdain
- (2) a) Find the fragment above and fix it. b) Find the run-on above and say how to fix it.
Magazines, Thursday, 10/9/14.
Part I. Prepping your documents.
Part II. Brainstorming.
- Use Chrome BETA!
- Go to drive.google.com.
- Log in. Remember to add @student.slcusd.org after your username. If any pop-ups pop up, uncheck any boxes.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and tap Desktop. Tap CONTINUE TO...
- Tap CREATE, FOLDER. Name the folder Magazine Issue One.
- Open that folder and tap CREATE, DOCUMENT.
- You may have to tap DESKTOP, CONTINUE again.
- Rename the document: Article 1, Group ___, "Title." When your article is ready, you can change it to the real title.
- Be sure to type your title and your name into the document as well.
We will be copying and pasting your article into a larger document and that info won't be there.
- Tap the Share button in the upper right.
- Make sure the drop-down says "Can edit." Enter the members of your group (you might have to ask them their names) as well as "Mark Coward."
SIGN OUT WHEN YOU ARE FINISHED!
- Have one member of the group CREATE another DOCUMENT in the same folder.
- TITLE this one: "Ideas for Issue 1." Share with the members of the group and me.
- Brainstorm at least 2-3 ideas per member.
- When there are plenty of ideas, each member chooses one and retitles his/her article document with the topic idea.
- Begin writing, researching, etc.
600 word DIGITAL rough drafts are next Tuesday.
Meanwhile... Start brainstorming titles for our 'zines. Add your well thought out ideas to the side whiteboard.