Monday, 10/27/14 - Late Start Schedule.
Welcome to the Second Quarter.
Copy homework into assignment book. Something New!
Go over Test #9. Ouch!
Warm Up. Write the answer.
- "I shouldn't have done that," he said with a ____ sigh. a) savvy b) rueful c) infer d) conform e) fathom f) connotation g) nonchalant
- For Esteban, the word dropout had the _____ of dumb hoodlum breaking streetlights. a) incredulous b) denotation c) infer d) sage e) fathom f) facade g) connotation
- The Socs are the ______ social class in 1967 Tulsa, whereas the greasers are at the other end of the scale. a) wince b) aloof c) elite d) gallant e) asset f) facade g) ironic
- It would be ironic if you suddenly decided not to get on a plane, and then the plane crashed. a) True b) False
- A savvy person is usually more ____ than a credulous one. a)
leery b) dogged c) conducive d)
wistful e) bluff f) indignant g) roguish
- Since I studied, I ______(ed) myself quite well on the test. a) bluff b) dogged c) acquit d) implore e) gorge f) stamina g) patronize
- nonchalant : hysterical :: gossipy : _____ a) discrete b) discreet c) mimic d) vain e) illicit f) acquit g) mimic
- The teacher tried to ___ the correct response from the students by giving hints. a) patronize b) elicit c) hysterical d) stamina e) illicit f) exploit g) circumvent