Thursday, 9/19. Welcome Guest Teacher!
Tomorrow’s Test: Vocab, FROs, Outsiders,
Husker Du, Sentence Combining.
- The teacher’s attitude was very _____(ing); he always treated his
class like they were in kindergarten.
- nonchalant : hysterical :: gossipy : _____
- Life is made up of thousands of ____ decisions every day, but
some are more important than others.
- If you ____ (ed) Chipotle last night, it benefited the band
- Buck Merrill sometimes sold _____ alcohol. (It was
- A spy must be ____ and not go blabbing secrets around.
- I finally had to poke him to ____ any response at all!
“FROs 9/19.” CS = Correct
Sentence. F = Fragment. RO = Run on.
- Hide in burrows and beneath rocks.
- Although the llama wandered too close to the fire.
- Fighting with a sword in one hand and a shield in the other, he
battled the vicious llama.
- Herds of fiendish llamas called dooms roam the
- The strange life of the llama.
- Jack and Jill and the llama went up the hill to fetch a pail of
water then they fell down.
- The llama fell down and broke his crown Jack and Jill fell in the
- The llama went over the hills and through the wood to get to
Grandmother’s house, but she wasn’t home.
- Because the llama ate too much cheese, he forgot to do his
"The Adventures of Chuckie, 9/19."
- a) His teacher is not amused. b) His teacher is a woman.
c) She is very quiet. d) She has karate experience.
(Hint: his____,_____ with ______, is)
- a) His teacher walks toward Chuckie’s desk. b) Her
walk is cool. 1c) Her walk is silent. 1d) Her walk is slow.
- a) The class holds its breath. 2b) They have
anticipation. 2c) They know what will happen next. (Hint: with,
The Outsiders. Write the ANSWER,
not the letter.
- The fact that Johnny is getting more out of the book they’re
reading than Pony, even though Pony is the “smart” one, is an example
of irony. a) True b) False
- The real message of “Nothing Gold Can Stay” is that bad
things always happen. a) True b) False
quote so far best connects to the title of the novel? a) “How’d
you like to live with that?” b) “I guess we’re different.”
c) “Too bad it couldn’t stay like that all the time.” d) “Things
have been happening so fast…” e) “I bet they were cool old guys.”
same character said all five of the quotes in the previous question.
Which one? a) Pony b) Soda c) Dally d)
Johnny e) Darry f) Two Bit g) Steve
- Chapter 5
would be considered part of the ______ of this story.
a) exposition b) inciting incident c) rising action
d) climax e) NOTA
- Who said? "I can't believe little old
Johnny could kill somebody." a) Pony b) Dally c)
Soda d) Darry e) Two-Bit f) NOTA
- This person is commenting on the irony of that. a)
True b) False
- Dally getting hauled in for the murder he didn't do is an example
of irony. a) True b) False
Finished? Read ahead in The Outsiders!