Tomorrow’s Test: Commas, Vocab, Vladek, Husker Du.
Finish Vladek’s story.
- After he missed the tying field goal, the kicker was _____.
- When the little girl gets tired, she gets ____, and pouts about everything. (Not dejected.)
- Mr. Coward’s student assistant is not happy about Jhonny’s less than _____ papers. They are very difficult to decipher, and scores might get entered incorrectly.
- The light in the room didn’t seem to come from any one source; it just sort of ______(ed) the walls, casting a soft glow.
- It is taking us awhile to ______ the concepts of compound and complex sentences.
- (2) When your sadness is _____(ed), your soul has found ___. (Awww.)
Go get a Chromie! Begin Writing Biographical Sketch. The final draft is due next Thursday, 3/2.
NOT PREPARED TODAY? 1. Go here AND print the handout. Do the exercise online and on the sheet. You must receive 18/20 to move to the next step. 2. Do extra credit vocab sentences in your notebook…except they aren’t extra credit. Both are due tomorrow.
Create a Google Doc First! We will print it and copy it to your blog on Thursday!
- At least 750 words. At least 5+ paragraphs:
- Introduction: Setting. Description of scene/setting. How it was set up. Why you chose this person. Relationship to this person.
- Description of person. Show, don’t tell.
- Looks. (Details.)
- Voice and choice of words. Delivery.
- Personality. (Bitter? Enthusiastic? Happy? Lost in memories? Crabby? What?)
- Questions you asked, followed by answers and follow up.
- You may summarize their answers, but please include at least three good quotes (word for word, as close as you can get) that use the person’s actual words.
- Conclusion: Discuss what you learned, most surprising info, most interesting, change in attitude, etc.
- Come up with a creative title that sums up the interview.
- Please print it and then post it on your blog.
- Extra Credit: pics.