· Notes #1 (two+ good sources, notes—source and page numbers included), thesis statement, "works cited" list, rough draft outline):_______________
· Notes #2 (four+ sources, "works cited" page, notes, rough T.O.C.):______________________
· Rough Draft (with headings of sections, completed "works cited" page, graphics?):______________
· Final Draft (typed, proofread, all requirements met): ___________
Notes. See the example below:
· Write each of your major questions (sections of your paper; I, II, III, etc.) on separate pages (cards). Take notes in answer to each on the appropriate pages.Check the keyword note taking handout for examples. Include "juicy" quotes selectively and always be able to cite the source. See the attached example.
· Always write your bibliographic information down first; you can always cross that source off later.
· Number your list of sources and number the corresponding notes so you always know from what source your information came.
· Sign up for use of the INFOTRACK to search for magazine articles. Fill out the brightly-colored magazine request slips.
Make sure you write the page numbers of the article you need!