“NVA, 9/11.” (9)
Homer hit his fat head on the corner of the table and fell with a loud thunk.
- _____ (Hint: Why did he move?)
- “Johnny and I ______(ed) ourselves on barbecue sandwiches and banana splits.”
- lazy : dogged :: flattered : ______
- The jury ______(ed) him, so he was free to go.
- Moisture and heat help create an environment _____ to the growth of bacteria.
- The team’s ____ defense is what kept them in the game. They never gave up.
- Pony was _____ when he thought of his parents, remembering how nice things used to be.
- * When you ask, “Why are we doing this?” you want to know the ______ of the lesson.
- * S. E. Hinton’s high school experience was the ______ for The Outsiders.
PLOT. COPY into your notebook!
What would the inciting incident be in… Hatchet? Finding Nemo? Lion King? Frozen?
- The 5 W’s (who, what, when, where, why) is usually given to us during the ______ of the story.
- “And they lived happily ever after,” would be the _____ of a fairy tale.
- The scene in the novel where Pony tells Cherry (and us) about Johnny getting jumped is in the ______ of the story…
- …and it also illustrates main ____ of the story.
- Johnny stabbing Bob would be the _______ of the story.
- We are now in the _____ of the story.
As we correct, write the answers on the diagram. You may use this cheat sheet on the test Friday.