“Commas +, 2/15.” Place commas in each sentence that needs them and give the reason/rule from the list. Some might need more than one comma for more than one reason. For #9: Combine into one smooth sentence with proper punctuation.
- We waited in a long line to climb to the top of the giant wheel of cheese but it was a disappointment.
- I didn’t want to wake you up until I had to.
- Quiet little Johnny who wouldn’t hurt a living thing on purpose had taken a human life.
- This easy fun exercise will help you I believe with your llama woes.
- Eddie Baby please ask your dog Caesar to leave the cat alone.
- Rachel Ray finds inspiration in cooking her family and her dog.
- Before eating vegetables wash them thoroughly.
- Until I ate that doughnut I didn’t know happiness.
- You must report it. You are in a car accident. There is no damage.
- I didn’t like his ____(ion) that I wasn’t good enough to make the team.
- He was a ______ opponent and very tough to outwit.
- The old photographs were all ______(ed) to the attic because nobody looked at them any more.
- Jean is very _____ about her silverware; she won’t eat at that restaurant because she thinks the forks aren’t clean enough.
- He tried to _____ himself into the “cool crowd” by hanging around A LOT.
- Some people see boxing as legally ______(ed) violence.
- This word’s roots mean “to bend/lean inward.” ______
- Now that he had found religion, the former criminal wanted ______ for the things he had done.
- (2) He fooled his pursuers with a _____ trick that he ______(ed) on the spot.