Tomorrow’s Test: RBC, MoMS.
Notice: No KBAR tonight.
- When the student searched for “Could an asteroid hit Earth?” the search engine returned more than 10,000 results. a) True b) False c) You can’t tell.
- Even though the student asked a five word question, the search engine ignored one or more of them. How many words were ignored? a) 1 b) 2 c) 3 d) 4
- A link is always underlined. a) True b) False
- A web address is also known as a… a) ULR. b) http. c) search engine. d) site. e) URL.
- Not including the search feature, how many “interactive areas” (places where you can do something besides just click) are linked to on the “All About Asteroids” main page? a) 1 b) 2 c) 3 d) 4 e) 0
- From what we can tell from the main page, the “All About Asteroids” site gives information on… a) how many asteroids hit Mars each year. b) how people can make their own model asteroids. c) what an asteroid is. d) movie myths about asteroids. e) all of the above.
- Which link would you click to look for something else about asteroids on the “All About Asteroids” site that’s not listed on the main page? a) See More Science Topics b) See More General Topics c) Search This Site d) E-mail the Authors e) Take This Poll
- What is the purpose of fear? (Why do we get scared?)
- Why do we like it sometimes? (Don’t say, “It’s fun.” Duh.)
- What are (most) humans scared of?
- “The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.” Meaning? (Bonus: Who said that famous quote?)
“The Monsters are Due on Maple Street.” p247.
“You have just crossed over into… The Twilight Zone!”