Interview Notes Due tomorrow!
“Spelling, 2/5.” Write the incorrectly spelled word correctly, or if they are all correct, write “all correct.” NOT COLLABORATIVE! DO NOT LOOK AT YOUR SPELLING LIST! For #6, write the answer not the letter!
- a) revision b) requirement c) believable d) all correct
- a) insurance b) security c) seperately d) all correct
- a) cooperation b) movable c) ignorance d) all correct
- a) maturity b) narritive c) creative d) all correct
- “_______ is bliss.”
- The reason we drop the last e from a word like store before we add an ending like age is that… a) Store ends with a consonant sound. b) The ending age also ends with an e. c) The ending age begins with a consonant d) The ending age makes it an adjective. e) The ending age begins with a vowel.
- _____ Cartoon of student napping in his desk .
- _____ A telephone pole with literally hundreds of cables connected to it. They look very tangled.
- _____ That guy cutting his lawn one blade at a time again.
- Some thought that the new law would _____ upon their right to protest, and they protested that.
- I tried to be as ____ as possible as I passed the note in class, but Mr. Coward still caught me.
- Solar power is more ______ to the environment than coal or oil.
- It had been raining so much that we ____(ly) planned the picnic for Saturday, but we also made other plans just in case.
- The _____ lawyer took advantage of the old man.
- “Wealth is ______, but poverty hides.”
- After he lost the battle, the king had to ____ the throne to the winner.
- Which vocab word can sometimes be used like the AW dramatic?
- * The word cool still means good, even in ____ slang. (frivolous, exploit, contemporary, abandon, dramatic)
“Simple, Compound, Complex Sentences.”
I = Independent Clause D = Dependent Clause.
(S) Simple Sentence (S) = One I.
(CD) Compound Sentence (CD) = I + I, joined by a comma and one of the FANBOYS
(CX) Complex Sentence (CX) = I + D or D + I, joined by although, since, because, while, when, if… etc.)
- I like turtles because they are cute.
- The llama is a quadruped
with fins for swimming.
- I sent the llama to the store before the party started.
- Katy tried to call me , but my phone was dead.
- You would like it if you were a llama.
- Herbie the llama ate some pizza , so he didn’t want dinner.
- He failed the test after he ignored the warning.
- He forgot to practice , yet he still did well.
- Jenni ate the hot dog , and she got sick.
- Because Jenni ate the hot dog, she got sick.
- Because the llama forgot his wallet, he couldn’t buy broccoli.
- As part of his occupation, his partner was a llama with a leather jacket.
- He didn’t want to embarrass the llama, so he didn’t act affectionate.
- The llama ate his doctor-recommended doughnut for breakfast this morning.
- It seemed essential to eat broccoli, but I watched the llamas instead.
- We can wait here until the llama calls us.
- If we don’t repair the dam, the llamas will rush through.
- You’ll know the llama’s intentions when she gets here.
- The llama ate several hotdogs, went on a ride, and ate several more.
- Since my llama left me, I’ve found a new place to dwell.
- Zoltan forgot his wallet, so he couldn’t buy broccoli.
- If you leave money in an account at least six months.
- The llama passed the test even though he didn’t study.
- Since the llama’s voice was strong, she was the lead in the musical.
- The llama read a magazine about raising rabbits, but didn’t follow the instructions..
- Rudolpho was upset although his mom made his favorite shnitzel.
- Words like since, unless and because signify that a sentence is… a) Simple b) Compound c) Complex
- Before you pet a llama, you should ask permission.
- What is a block?
- What was Appel?
- Who helps Vladek establish and maintain contact with Anja?
- What was a Selektion?