- They took up a collection to help _____ the cost of the party.
- When the Apollo 11 astronauts returned from the first moon walk, they were _____(ed) to make sure they didn’t bring back any “space germs.”
- Many of you have pretended to be sick to get out of stuff, but a _____(c) actually believes he is sick.
- Mala says that, even though Vladek is rich, he still lives like a _____.
- The emperor’s armies _____(ed) the surrounding kingdoms.
- The prefix of this word means between.
- Anja was ______ about not giving up Richieu until it was too late to save him.
- *After their quarrel, they wouldn’t even ______ each other when they passed in the hall.
|Dependent Clause Starters
- Joe waited for the llama to arrive, but she was late. S, CD, CX?
- Since he didn’t want to embarrass the llama, he didn’t act affectionate. S, CD, CX?
- Rudolpho was upset because his llama ate the last of the cheeselog. S, CD, CX?
- The crew from the ship checked the llama and prepared it for the sea. S, CD, CX?
- We must repair the fence, or the llamas will rush through. S, CD, CX?
- If we don’t repair the fence, the llamas will rush through. S, CD, CX?
Combine the sentences into the type of sentence asked for.
- The llama usually got seasick. He lived on a houseboat. (CX)
- A girl rode her unicycle. Down the street is where she went. She had a llama-shaped balloon. (SIMPLE! Use the chart above!)
- She likes pizza. The llama prefers salmon burgers. (CD)