YEE #2! (Yee Haw!) Remember: the first four answers are EXACTLY THE SAME as yesterday’s!
- Injun Joe has ______ plans for revenge on the Widow Douglas.
- The origin of this word is a slang mixup of the words romp and frolic. _____
- Tom felt lonely and _____(n) after Becky dumped him, and Aunt Polly punished him for something he didn’t do.
- The boys didn’t say anything, but their looks and gestures _____(ed) a lot.
- The origin of this word is the Old English word for lessen.
- The workload in the “accelerated” class was so ______ that many dropped out.
- In parades and such, the pope is _______(ed) in a bulletproof Popemobile.
- Some people find the heat in the tropics _____. They find it’s too hot for them to do much of anything.
- Dally’s childhood on the streets left him angry, street-wise, and _____.
- The root of this word means to die.
- (2) The _____(ous) ______ of protesters noisily pushed through the barriers.
- (2) First the moon ____(s) to being full, and then it starts to _____.
- Where do Tom and Becky plan to go after the picnic?
- Only a few of the parents went on the picnic with the kids. a) True b) False
- Injun Joe wants revenge on the Widow for something she did to him a long time ago. a) True b) False
- What is the Welshman’s reaction when Huck knocks on his door to tell him about Injun Joe?
- At the end of chapter 29, Huck is shot. a) True b) False
Tom Sawyer, Chapter 30.