Checking Vocab Definitions!
“NVA, 9/11.” (9p)
The purple llama roared loudly in our scared faces as the crowd screamed like little babies.
- My parents were a little ______ about the crowd I was hanging out with; she didn’t trust them to make good decisions.
- I waited until Mom’s anger _____(ed), and then asked for forgiveness.
- Listening to music is not ______ to studying.
- Since I studied, I _____(ed) myself quite well on the test.
- At first, Pony thought he might be able to ____ the Socs by acting tough, but there were too many of them and they were drunk.
- I was ______ when Dad blamed me for breaking the lamp instead of my sister.
- * Almost everyone _____(ed) the teacher’s instructions differently, so there was a lot of different kinds of projects.
- * By now you should understand the _____ of this class and the various routines we have.
“The Outsiders, 9/11.” The Raffle King will decide if it is collaborative or not! “Quote” means that your answer should be a line from the book. Use “quotation marks” for the quotes.
- (Quote) Why does Cherry leave with Bob and the other Socs?
- “Just don’t forget that some of us watch the sunset too.” (Who’s talking to whom?)
- “Just don’t forget that some of us watch the sunset too.” What are they talking about?
- Why does Darry say he is hesitant to call the police when Pony is gone so long?
- (Quote) Why does Johnny say that he “almost likes it better when the old man is hitting me”?
- “I was wrong” is an example of… (Literarily speaking.)
Chapter 4: Now our actual plot begins!