Tomorrow’s Test: Vocab, FROs, Outsiders, Husker Du, Sentence Combining.
- The teacher’s attitude was very _____(ing); he always treated his class like they were in kindergarten.
- nonchalant : hysterical :: gossipy : _____
- Life is made up of thousands of ____ decisions every day, but some are more important than others.
- If you ____ (ed) CPK last night, it benefited the band program.
- Buck Merrill sometimes sold _____ alcohol. (It was called bootlegging.)
- A spy must be ____ and not go blabbing secrets around.
- I finally had to poke him to ____ any response at all!
“FROs 9/20.” CS = Correct Sentence. F = Fragment. RO = Run on.
- Hide in burrows and beneath rocks.
- Although the llama wandered too close to the fire.
- Fighting with a sword in one hand and a shield in the other, he battled the vicious llama.
- Herds of fiendish llamas called dooms roam the empty countryside.
- The strange life of the llama.
- Jack and Jill and the llama went up the hill to fetch a pail of water then they fell down.
- The llama fell down and broke his crown Jack and Jill fell in the well.
- The llama went over the hills and through the wood to get to Grandmother’s house, but she wasn’t home.
- Because the llama ate too much cheese, he forgot to do his KBARR.
- As the llama trained to be a ninja.
“Sentence Combining, 9/20.” — Combine each group of short, choppy sentences into one smooth-sounding sentence. You may add, subtract, or change words, but make sure to keep the meaning of all the parts. You will have to punctuate as appropriate. (Bonus: Write more than one combination!)
1a. His teacher walks toward Chuckie’s desk. 1b. Her walk is cool. 1c. Her walk is silent. 1d. Her walk is slow. (Hint: -ly)
2a. The class holds its breath. 2b. They have anticipation. 2c. They know what will happen next. (Hint: with, because.)